PADI "Looking Good" Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 380003 View attachment 380004 Here are a couple of Japan only specialty courses. The how to build Gunpa robots underwater course and an elective adjunct of the PADI looking good underwater specialty certification...the how to put thigh high stockings on underwater course.
The Japanese are lightyears ahead of us westerners.
If you want to see more of this Japanese weirdness just google "underwater knee-high girls". It's all safe for work too.

Wow thanks for the link to that.

I've already got these on order from Amazon.com. Who needs split fins or a DPV when you can use knee high mech socks!

underwater_knee-high_mecha_sock_girls.plate_.jpg

I am going to be 70 years old soon,fat tummy and bald.Do you think I should sign up for that class? I would hate to make my wife feel bad thought with all those hot chicks chasing me underwater.
If you're worried about your wife, send her on a specialty course as well.
She'll have great night(dive), exploring a wet cave with her instructor, as deep as allowed by course standards, and she'll feel happily wrecked afterwards.

ccard7-jpg.112428

What about the "How to Pee in a Wetsuit" class?

And "How to fill your tanks online" -- I bet that one would be pretty popular!

Last edited:
As some people have already noted, almost all the cost of instruction goes to the local shop and the instructor doing the work.

Thanks for the clarification John. I assumed that PADI took a tidy chunk of the course fee. Here's my perspective... Even with the instructor/shop keeping most of the fee, it's still an embarrassingly low sum considering the amount of time they invested in me. That's why I also tip my instructor.

Thanks for the clarification John. I assumed that PADI took a tidy chunk of the course fee. Here's my perspective... Even with the instructor/shop keeping most of the fee, it's still an embarrassingly low sum considering the amount of time they invested in me. That's why I also tip my instructor.
Here are some details people might find interesting.

I was working for a dive shop that paid instructors a certain amount per pupil. If you had a large class, you did all right. If you had a small class, you did not do as well. I taught mostly specialties for that shop, and all the classes were small--usually one person, in fact.

Most of the specialties I taught did not require training materials from PADI, so the only money PADI made off of the classes were the handling fees for the certification card.

Given the amount of time I spent teaching the classes, I don't believe I ever made minimum wage teaching those classes.

The dive shop got the rest of the money.

Sounds like the dive shop is making a mint, right? In our area, several dive shops have gone out of business in the last few years, and I know one was operating at a loss until very recently.

Sounds like the dive shop is making a mint, right?

Let's see: building rent, utilities, taxes, payroll, ridiculous insurance fees, fuel, dock fees, equipment costs, maintenance, etc, etc.

No, I wonder how shops stay in business. I'm in awe of the level of service my local shops provide for the prices they charge!

What about the "How to Pee in a Wetsuit" class?

And "How to fill your tanks online" -- I bet that one would be pretty popular!
I could teach the pee class without any training or Instructor certification.

So you're going to soak them for the course materials?
Nah, I won't be a baby (shampoo) about it.

I took an actual PADI Underwater Pumpkin Carving course. Yep. And got the card. It was helpful to determine buoyancy. It took a lot of weight to get that pumpkin down. It also got really soft.
GOPR0697.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom