Scuba diver arrest warrant - dale batt *please read*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There aren't that many shore divers in Minnesota, and there aren't that many dive sites. I'm glad for the heads up, if nothing else. From the summary on the Sheriff's web site, he's believed to be "off the grid" as you put it, and they'll probably have a hell of a time smoking him out unless he gets arrested again or the sheriff gets lucky.

Well, he's a convicted felon, and the crimes he was convicted of weren't exactly speeding tickets. I'm not going to go looking for him. OTOH if I see someone matching his description I may make a phone call.

It's not. He's still on the department's most-wanted list, which is updated regularly.

He is most certainly off the grid. LEO's have a watch on credit cards and everything else about him. If that has not found him, there is no reason that this guy would live among those that now him and could point to him. The very nature of this type of request raises a big red flag. This is the actions of bounty hunters or private investigators. I suppose I would look at this differently if the OP had the link to the sherrifs website and the guy was known to be in a certain area. All dive shops would have already been put on notice of his possible presence. To stay off the grid is difficult. Now adays that means appearance change and identity change which makes SB once again useless to assist in finding this guy.

As authorities have previously stated, they think he is using an alias and false identity. Authorities have also stated on various websites and news articles that somebody is most likely helping him. authorities in the past suspected that Dale's father and maybe his brother were helping Dale. Dale has ties to the Twin Cities, Cass Lake and Rochester. Dale was seen by several people in Kasson, MN (Dodge County) in 2007......... which seemed stupid to be in the county where he is wanted. Dale was seen by several people in Dodge county in 2007 according to Scott Rose and other news sources. Dale seems to have been walking around in the county where he was wanted in the past. Dale's false identity, help of others, and sometimes slow response times seem to have helped Dale elude authorities.

I am aware that this thread is old. However, I am sharing some new information that I and others have been told recently by law enforcement in Minnesota. I am shouting out to people in California as well. Law enforcement in Minnesota has stated a few different statements this year about Dale Batt. Cops in Minnesota earlier this year first said that Dale Batt was in prison in California which doesn't seem to be true according to the updated Dodge County Sheriff's webpage. Then cops said that Dale was just living in California, like they knew it for a fact, walking around and living in California, but then they didn't arrest him if that is the case again, according to the Dodge County Sheriff's webpage. Now, the cops in Minnesota are saying that Dale has most likely been dead for more than a year, but they don't have a dead body or death certficate for Dale Batt. I choose not to believe anything about Dale at this time due to the very contradictory statements made by several different officers working in law enforcement in Minnesota. Has anyone living in California heard anything lately about Dale Batt? What are we supposed to be believe about Dale Batt? Why can';t law enforcement get their story straight?

They probably don't care about trying to track down a missing person in a different state.

Other things to worry about.

statute of limitations ? are they up

Not a nice guy at all.
I hope they grab him soon.

Dales warrant is still active and nothing concrete about the lead in california according to north metro area sheriffs office. It hasnt panned out yet if it will ever pan put. Dales associates and scuba diving buddy repeatedly seen by people in north metro minnesota area is causing some organizations to be concerned due to the system wide problems with reporting and lack of police resources to address the lethal combination.

Dcso most likely didn't receive a lot of information this year about dale's associates and scuba diving buddy that they had requested due to police incompetence and system wide reporting problems. Militia tied associates with minnesota connections assisting dale in a variety of ways and no matter whete he is located. Focus should not have been just on dale ans
D police should have taken reports more seripusly about his associates in minnesota ties that could hae aided police with dale. It may take fbi involvement with resources to assist with associates.

Police outside of the sheriffs office have told people that they will not put resources into it and have not been addressing aggressively reports and concerns regarding dales associates. Just a heads up to not expect assistance with dales guys outside of the dcso. Cops havent been talking to witnesses and have not been taking full reports. Be cautious mot to trust cops to substantiate reports. Cops not taking evidence from people and then say it was unsubstantiated even when it wasnt
because they wont spend time and resources on reports.

Actually he is running from a jail sentence. When sentenced on crimes such as this, 1st offense dui/dwi, 1st marijuana, shoplifting etc, the jail time is suspended and the convicted person is placed on probation in an effort to rehabilitate the offender through classes and education (for what that is worth). Failure to satisfy the terms of probation brings back the jail time which is usually 6 mo's on a first conviction in most states.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom