Saw these local and grabbed them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
14040029_10153640194447471_750742388914587243_n.jpg
ala

Ive used pro force fins for years and love them, These are an XXL ( before I used insert and XL with no booties) what kinda booties should I use? Can I use 2 inserts? Anyone tried/used these? paid $80 so I think this is a score.

Also which fins are these? they are signed by bob evans on one of them, so Delta's ,

Last edited:
you can you thick sole booties or multiple inserts. These things are massively stiff fins, but when you have to make headway into a strong current you will, your legs will hate you, but you will make headway.

using insets and soft booties, tried them in my pool, they seem great, bought them for my Galapagos trip.

What you have is a pair of Force Fin Extras in Tan Delta material, with whiskers. These are very powerful fins, if you have the legs for them. Move the whiskers toward the center for more speed and outward for more control. They will be easier on you than Jets and should be a great fin for any currents you encounter on your upcoming trip.

Let us know how they work for you.

Last edited:
OK thanks. I tried them in my pool and they seem nice. have the whiskers set one notch in.

Turns out I don't have the legs for them. going back to my Pro's and listing them on the classifieds if anyone is interested.

I have a pair of these in the regular, non-Tan Delta, material. They are by far my favorite fins and have replaced my Hollis F1's. I wonder if the Tan Delta makes them that much stiffer? Looks like yours have spring straps replacing the original bungee strap. I'd give them another try before selling.

The Tan Delta material is quite a bit stiffer. I find that it works on my legs to a level that I prefer Pros in the standard Force Fin. The new "Tan Delta" material that Bob is working on should be easier to kick (similar to the material used in the Hockey Fins).

had huge cramps and my entire legs killed after 3 back to back dives. Im not slouch but I'm also used to the pros and kicking using my quads.

The only fins made with the old Tan Delta material that I can comfortably use are the Flying Force Fins. Bob thinned them out from the standard thickness of the Pros, so they flex easier. They are a great fin but I greatly prefer my Hockey's because of the material performance characteristics. Never had any fatigue or cramps using them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom