Using Kirby Morgan 37 with drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

I am going to post this also in the public safety forum.

I am interested in the possibility of using a Kirby Morgan 37 with a trilaminate drysuit. In order to be completely sealed the latex neck dam / seal needs to be directly mounted to the drysuit and the rings mounted through the latex.

Has anyone done this?

Does anyone think that the Sitech interchangeable neck seal system would work with this?

Thanks.

DUI has been building suits like this for 30 years. So does Aquala, Viking, Northern...several others.

CXO-Helmet-Yoke1-300x225.jpg

I've dove viking suits with the yokes that mate directly to a hat... I don't know much about them but I would assume that if you can buy a yoke/ Neck seal you would be able to install it using the SI system.

I don't know how well the Sitech would handle free flowing the hat, other than that it should work.

Last edited:
If you want the hat sealed to the suit you need to install a yoke on the suit. Viking makes a number of hat yokes that you can glue to your trilam just like glued on seals. A Sitech will not work. You won't be able to move the hat around with the big plastic ring on the suit. Don't waste your time with an expensive recreational adapter. Get the correct yoke for the hat.

If sealing the hat to the suit is not really important, just pull the hat neck seal down over the neck seal of the suit. It works just fine that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom