Santi emotion+ drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozwald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Received my Santi 2 weeks back and after 4 or 5 dives all I can say is wow! This is my 4th suit, Fusion Tech, Bare HD Tech DRY, Bare SB to the Santi. The Santi is like going from a decent motel on the outskirts of the city to the 4 Seasons on Maui! This suit is incredible. Everything from seams material to the pockets and the placement of the inflator valve and zipper, slightly offset. Even the bib is pure genius with a little zippered pocket for keys or whatever. At first I thought that it was going to be a little snug as i ordered mine "off the shelf", a ML size. But as soon as i got in the water this thing turned into a second skin and felt like it wasn't even there and not even a hint of a leak. I am so impressed with the quality of this product I have ordered some of their underwear in the hopes that it is of the same quality in terms of fit and feel, Flex 190 .

If you are looking for a new DS a strongly suggest you take a look a the Santi.

Congratulations on your new suit, I am also in the market for a new Santi suit looking to retire the Bare Trilam after many dives.
Ironically I live in Winnipeg as well, would you care to share some information regarding your purchase.
- Store you used?
- cost?
- Any issues you feel are worth mentioning...etc
If you are willing to help another "Pegger" out , it would be greatly appreciated...Private message if you like.

Thanks,

Congratulations on your new suit, I am also in the market for a new Santi suit looking to retire the Bare Trilam after many dives.
Ironically I live in Winnipeg as well, would you care to share some information regarding your purchase.
- Store you used?
- cost?
- Any issues you feel are worth mentioning...etc
If you are willing to help another "Pegger" out , it would be greatly appreciated...Private message if you like.

Thanks,
No kidding....looking at your board name...AJ ?

Yes....Aj

I got a Santi e.motion+ in July for New England diving. First drysuit. I have about ten dives on it so far. Seems great. I got the custom fit from DRIS because I just couldn't find an off-the-rack size that matched my dimensions, even though I am a pretty standard 40 regular in a business suit. The custom suit does fit perfectly. The water has been as cold as 48 degrees and with the Santi Flex 190 undersuit, I was very comfortable.

They're great suits to dive in... I have had my eMotion for about 2 years and have 96 dives or so on it... of those, I would say 70 of them have been various shades of wet... anything from several "minor" seam leaks in different locations, to complete flooding. In fairness, the t-zip failed after about 30 dives... right when I had two back-to-back east-, then west-coast dive weeks going on. It was replaced without question under warranty. The suit is back in the shop for the third time currently... the Scitec neck ring basically fell out, completely flooding the suit and damn near drowning me, there are leaking seams in several places etc... I want to love this suit, but it's making it very difficult. My warranty is up in October so if this continues, it's going on eBay. I've been wearing Vikings for 40 years (and again the past couple of weekends) and I am not used to being wet.

Halcyon has been great about "stepping up", but at $120 each time to ship it away with insurance, it gets expensive even with the work being done under warranty. In the 2500 or so dives I logged in Vikings, I NEVER sent a suit in for repair, other than to replace an aging zipper.

Last edited:
Guess regardless of brand there's always some luck in getting a suit that was put together well.

I've heard of bad experiences with the t-zips, but believe they might have stopped using them. My new suit has a YKK plastic zipper on it.

That's correct about the zippers. The replacement YKK seems to be good.

I dive twice on the weekend and I think I was dry. (I say think because we were caught in a line squall post-dive and I had the suit around my waist at that point. I got kinda soaked again. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom