Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen divers on many occasions with small pneumatic spear guns hunting lion fish in the park. Some dive shops turn a blind eye to their customers....pneumatics are illegal and only authorized persons by parque marino are allowed to spear fish lion fish in the marine park.

For what it is worth, I have never seen a pneumatic spear gun in use in Cozumel. 25 years here. Rubber only and Hawaiian sling types in the park, yes. And no, they don't show up in droves at night.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

For what it is worth, I have never seen a pneumatic spear gun in use in Cozumel. 25 years here. Rubber only and Hawaiian sling types in the park, yes. And no, they don't show up in droves at night.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Really? There is a dive shop near to yours that has 4 pneumatic guns. 2 pistols and 2 3 ft guns. I've seen them. They do get used.

Really? There is a dive shop near to yours that has 4 pneumatic guns. 2 pistols and 2 3 ft guns. I've seen them. They do get used.

I said that I have never "seen" them in use. And some of them would, it seems, be perfectly legal for free diving.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

I sympathise with anyone who has to cock a 3 foot pneumatic.

For the record, I am personally opposed to taking any fish by spear on Scuba-- except Lion Fish. The National Park and indeed the Mexican Government seem to hold this same view, whether by law or de facto.

The End

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

It does really seem like cheating to do it on scuba.....

Ohh, don't tease us,,,please post that comment in the hunting section. You'll be there for a month answering replies. It would be better than an SB poll if Clinton or Trump actually holds an Advanced Diver C-card with a nitrox cert they didn't fake doing the dives to obtain. {I gotta resist hijacking this thread way off topic} {requisite smilie} :)..:)..:)..:)

Ohh, don't tease us,,,please post that comment in the hunting section. You'll be there for a month answering replies. It would be better than an SB poll if Clinton or Trump actually holds an Advanced Diver C-card with a nitrox cert they didn't fake doing the dives to obtain. {I gotta resist hijacking this thread way off topic} {requisite smilie} :)..:)..:)..:)

I could murder that spearfishing on scuba argument with facts, science and anecdotes. But I don't like to play into the divide and conquer agenda many regulators like to setup (South Fla.), nor do I criticize someone's preferred (responsible) method of harvesting dinner.

Well in fairness, I am thinking in context of Coz where the grouper swim with you like a dogs looking for your next lionfish kill. Be like spearing ole' Yeller....

Well in fairness, I am thinking in context of Coz where the grouper swim with you like a dogs looking for your next lionfish kill. Be like spearing ole' Yeller....
120425-dog-its-whats-for-dinner.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom