Cracked Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a dc1000 camera that I have been using for several years with really no complaints. My last dive trip I noticed water drops in the case after a dive. After a careful inspection I noticed a hairline crack in the latch on the housing. My local dive shop said that Sealife does not carry replacement parts for a camera that old. They are offering me a good deal on the Micro 2.0. Not sure which model, most likely the one with 32GB memory. Since that model does not have a built in flash I will have to buy lighting. Money is a concern with this, since I did not expect to have to buy a new camera and lights now. Just bought a GoPro with a light this past winter. I am heading to Bonaire in October, and I do want a camera for my wife to use. Is the Micro 2.0 worth the money, and what type of a light setup would be good. All this without breaking the bank.
Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom