En suite bathroom worth extra cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have not lived until you share two heads with 35 people. If you think that level of privacy is worth $160, go for it.

Well, I think it's 12 divers max on the boat. If I had to share two toilets with 35 (mostly male) divers, I'd probably cough up an extra $100 a night for my own bathroom.

I just thought since it's a shorter trip and not a lot of divers, I could save that money and apply it toward some other trip. :) I think there are 4 toilets total for the divers.

Cleanliness and privacy are very nice to have, but having the bathroom available when you need it is priceless, especially if any novo virus issues pop up on the boat.

I have been on liveaboards with lots of different bathroom arrangements including: a single shower for the entire big boatload of people, one bathroom shared between a few cabins, a sink in the bedroom with an ensuite "wet room" where you shower with the toilet, and a good-sized private ensuite bathroom and shower. The last option is my favorite but I wouldn't settle for anything less than an ensuite wet room so that I would have a private shower and toilet.

And I can't tell you how important it is to have easy access to a bathroom if you get seasick!

Some people are more interested in an inexpensive trip and will happily forgo things like en suite baths, or just really don't care. Others will pretty much not even consider a trip without. Only you can say where you are on that spectrum.

Shared bathrooms, like hostel bunks, were fine when I was a penniless backpacker in my 20s. Nowadays, even a standard marine head is more than I want to deal with. I want a private room with a real flush toilet.

Back
Top Bottom