Anyone switch back to jacket/back inflate bc after bp/w?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the only thing to be said about BP&W is that the initial set up is quite important - get someone who has dived the system to help if at all possible. Once the set up is right, there is very little needs to be done to it afterwards - even when changing between wetsuit thickness's or between drysuit/wetsuit.

Neilwood is correct. This is probably the only downside to a BP/W. It can take some time to move things around and adjust the harness to fit you. Once you do though, it's great. If you go with the "deluxe" style harness with multiple webbings, pads, etc., the set up can be rather intensive. A single web harness is easier to set up and is really all you need.

I use a jacket in the pool. I don't want to get chlorine on the good stuff.

Probably not switching back. More like back & forth.

I never switched to a bp/w as I didn't like the feel of it and I didn't like the crotch strap. I've tried a couple of different brands but found no advantage over what I already had in my SP Seahawk.

I never switched to a bp/w as I didn't like the feel of it and I didn't like the crotch strap. I've tried a couple of different brands but found no advantage over what I already had in my SP Seahawk.
The crotch strap is what they LIKE

Makes more sense than a Velcro cummerbund around your belly.

or in my case, not even at the bottom of my rib cage (looked like Baby Huey).... jackets just never fit...

or in my case, not even at the bottom of my rib cage (looked like Baby Huey).... jackets just never fit...

May I be the first to extend my sincere thanks for sparing us the pictures... :)

In other news I made a Baby Huey reference just a few days ago and was rewarded with blank stares from my daughters, made me feel old.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom