Belize Aggressor IV (AKA Sundancer II) cabin question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diving4ever

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have you been on the Belize Aggressor IV / Sundancer II?

I'm heading out on the Belize Agressor IV this Saturday. The reservation agents have been great, but the one questions they couldn't answer for me was about the electrical outlets.

If you've been on board, would you mind letting me know the the # and location of electrical outlets in the cabins and whether they are 2 prong or 3 prong? I do know it is standard US voltage. I'm in a Cabin six which has 2 twin beds side by side if that matters.

Feel free to share any other tips.

Thanks!

I'm heading out on the Belize Agressor IV this Saturday.

Will be interesting to see if you are still going to be on that boat when you head out on Saturday. I may need to double check on this but I think my buddy was going out on the Belieze Aggressor IV about a week ago and there was something wrong with the boat and my buddy was put on another boat/trip.

When I was on the Sundancer II (now Belize Aggressor IV; just a rename I think) in May 2015, I could plug my stuff in either in my room or in the big 'common room' (where people eat and hang out; I don't recall the official name for it). I use a small travel multi-outlet surge protector, and it's got a 3-prong plug in. Since I used it without problems, their outlets must've been 3 prong.

We were encouraging to plug in chargers in the common room rather than our staterooms due to the risk of an unattended charger causing a fire. The thinking was if that happened in the common room, it was more likely to be noticed quickly since the room was frequented by passengers and crew.

So I charged things in my room at night while I slept, or by day in the common room.

Richard.

@diversteve Thanks for tagging Richard! I learned something. :)

my buddy was going out on the Belieze Aggressor IV about a week ago and there was something wrong with the boat and my buddy was put on another boat/trip

I've been on the phone today and they haven't mentioned any possible delays. Hopefully all will go as planned. Its a 10 day charter so it would be difficult to swap us to another boat.

@drrich2 Thanks, this was exactly the info I needed. Also you original trip report was super helpful in selecting a liveaboard. I'm a research junkie and you put me to shame. Kudos.

M

You'll probably be just fine. He was on one of those "pay for 7 and get 10 nights". I need to get up with him as I think he's back now. But it seems there was some slight damage to the boat that kept it from going out. No doubt they have it corrected by now if that was the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom