Hello from Ann Arbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

My name is Mark and I'm a scuba diver! Finished certification dives today at Gilboa Quarry - Thanks Huron Scuba and instructor Simon Prout (the best!) and DM Hannah Tuckwell and Eric (sorry, forgot last name).

Now to get on with the adventure of being a recreational diver! Something I've always wanted to do and now at 63 years young I'm doing it!

Mark

Any dive trip plans?
Richard.

Yes, I'm already booked for the ScubaBoard Invasion of Roatan in 2017. And trying to get in on a Black Beards trip in January with my LDS where I did my training.

BTW Richard, I've very much enjoyed reading your trip reviews and analysis of costs. Very helpful and appreciated by this new diver.

Mark

Glad to help.

Did you see the Blackbeard trip report by T.C. from May 2014?

Whether you consider the moderate uncharge to go on the Juliet instead to be worthwhile, I think you can learn something about the Blackbeards experience from the thread on Blackbeards vs. Juliet Liveaboard.

Be aware Bahamas water gets cold in winter. Haven't dove it; standing waist-deep during a sea lion encounter excursion out of Nassau at nearby 'Blue Lagoon' (I think it was) was proof of that. Doesn't make it's a bad idea to go; just be aware.

Richard.

Welcome! Better late than never. Any dive trip plans?

Richard.
Right, welcome. I'm 62 and it is late, but still works (knock wood).

Thanks Richard.
I'm planning the Blackbeards because my instructor is leading the trip and he's great to dive with. Plus I'm going solo so no double occupancy for me. How does Juliet handle single bookings? From their web site looks like I would have to pay double fare?

Mark

Hi Mark,
You would not need to pay double fare if traveling solo, that's only if you wanted a private cabin to yourself. We have plenty of divers traveling on their own, we pair them up with a suitable roommate and dive buddy, and there's no single supplement. It's a great way to meet new folks and find future travel buddies as well.
I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have about Juliet and what we do.
Kat

Thanks Richard.
I'm planning the Blackbeards because my instructor is leading the trip and he's great to dive with. Plus I'm going solo so no double occupancy for me. How does Juliet handle single bookings? From their web site looks like I would have to pay double fare?

Mark

One of the advantages of live-aboard diving I've seen is that they tend to pair you wish a same-sex room mate and don't require you to pay a single supplement if you don't bring a buddy. With land-based dive resorts, it seems that's often not the case.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom