2001 S600 still safe to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 1999 S600 on a MK20. I service it every year. Its my primary regulator. Good service and care = longevity for most dive equipment.

Yes, it will still be safe to use once has been serviced.

It is probably safe to use now and putting an IP gauge on it would most likely reveal no problems However the nitrile rubber o rings inside the regulator do degrade over time, as do lubricants, so you may find that problems occur only when you get a dive or two done on them.

So getting it serviced now may save you a dive if it starts causing problems when you can't get them fixed easily.

I have used it four times now and it is a amazing reg. So much easier to breath than my Cressi. Im looking for a new reg and will keep the old Scubapro as a backup but I cant for the life of me choose what brand. I am torn between Atomic and Scubapro. Scubapro seems time tested and rugged where atomic seems to have new and modern features. Help will be appreciated as I have not been diving that long.

GRGibson: What you decide (SP or AT) you can't go wrong. Keep service centers in mind. When you are away from home, can you service the regulator if the need arises? I think that is important.

I have used it four times now and it is a amazing reg. So much easier to breath than my Cressi. Im looking for a new reg and will keep the old Scubapro as a backup but I cant for the life of me choose what brand. I am torn between Atomic and Scubapro. Scubapro seems time tested and rugged where atomic seems to have new and modern features. Help will be appreciated as I have not been diving that long.

I have used both since late 90's, they are almost the same. I like Atomic regulators slightly better since they have features that make them slightly more resilient and can go for longer time between servicing. It is a very tough call however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom