Vaginal Cups When Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI
I am looking at getting a vaginal cup instead of continuing to use tampons. All the websites say that is is fine to swim whilst wearing one, but does anyone have experience of diving while wearing one?
Thanks

HI
I am looking at getting a vaginal cup instead of continuing to use tampons. All the websites say that is is fine to swim whilst wearing one, but does anyone have experience of diving while wearing one?
Thanks

I've been using them for the past 6 years and just started diving in the past year. I have great (read:terrible) timing when it comes to diving and my cycle so I've been able to use it quite often. Love it! There is a steep learning curve when I first bought one but I have never looked back. It changes everything, both diving and in day to day use. I have the Lunette and love it. My stem is completely cut off. Hope this helps!

Hi Heg,
I've been using the Diva longer than I've been diving, it's great and you don't have to worry about changing tampons on the boat or at a remote dive site. I'm good for the whole dive day with it.

I recommend the Diva because it is medical grade silicone and not colored. General recommendation from friends of all ages who have not vaginally delivered babies is to go with Diva's size 1, ignore the >30 size 2 recommendation. Be sure to practice before you try it on a dive day so you can be sure you are comfortable with it. I think by the 2nd day of using it I felt totally comfortable. It took me a few trys to get it right, now I can't imagine using a tampon or pad.

I wanted to check if the Diva was available in Brisane and found this nice page for menstrual cups in Australia here: Buy. Looks like you have plenty of options!

Thanks for all of your help and advice ladies.
. General recommendation from friends of all ages who have not vaginally delivered babies is to go with Diva's size 1, ignore the >30 size 2 recommendation.
This is particularly helpful. I haven't had kids but am 47 and all the brands tell me to buy a large... I'm going to go small I reckon.

I wonder why none of the guys showed up in this thread like they usually do. :giggle:

Thanks for all of your help and advice ladies.
This is particularly helpful. I haven't had kids but am 47 and all the brands tell me to buy a large... I'm going to go small I reckon.

We are the same age and no kids for me either. Large is too big, small works great, no leaks.

I wonder why none of the guys showed up in this thread like they usually do. :giggle:
LOL! I'm going to add menstruation, cramps or tampons on the title of anything I'd like just women's perspectives on in the future.

I'm sorry, I'm new to diving. Why are tampons a bad idea? I'm prone to uti's so I need to know

Melimel, read up to ScubaChristine's post. She explains fairly well, I think.

There's nothing wrong with wearing tampons whilst diving. The cups just seems much better once you get past the learning curve.

As an aside, they're ultimately less expensive to use, far more ecologically friendly and some believe that tampons contain cancer causing agents.

Back
Top Bottom