My Oci is Trying To Have Fun With Me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fedaykin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yep, my oci is having a very good day while mocking with me but i am not sure what to do. After my last dive it gave an alarm as "Low Battery". I got pissed as it is the 21st dive with just 10 hours underwater. When i run the check battery/tmt it said "OCi Batt Good" . Than I said ok, there might be a mistake. 5 minutes later it again said battery low. I looked again to battery status and whola "Battery Good". Next day when i entered to setup menu battery low sign showed up again but disappeared a few seconds later. Now I'm not sure what to do.

1-) If battery is good why did it said battery is low?
2-) How can i be sure that the battery will not die in the middle of next dive.
3-) If battery is low why is it keeping on saying battery good when i run battery/tmt
4-) If battery is low, how can this happen just in 2 months and 21 dives with 10 hours of dive time.

Bulent

I gave my oci back to the dealer that I have bought. They said there is a problem with the battery and changed it under guaranty. Seems to be a shelf life problem.

My dive computer's battery showed a "low battery" warning after just 2 dives! I was confused and checked it a couple more times. The next time, it said "battery good," but then I got a low battery warning again.

I bought the computer online; it's an older model and it had probably just been sitting on the shelf a while before I bought it. I got the battery replaced and have about 75 dives on it since, with no further issues.

Hope your issue is resolved, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom