OCI vs. Mantis 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THarrison01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have narrowed my search for a dive computer down to the OCI or the Mantis Chromis. It is a tough decision and need some help. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
One suggestion...stop making multiple threads on the same topic "Your first computer". While I do not mind it makes you look like "scatterbrained" and that is not a good diving trait.

I hope you find your "First Dive Computer" soon :)

Mantis Chromis vs Oceanic OCI

First Computer

Oceanic VTX

Suunto Zoop NOVO vs Oceanic Geo 2.0

Atomic Cobalt 2 vs Suunto Eon Steel

Suunto D6I NOVO

Dive Computer

Suunto EON steel
I had a slightly less tactful response than this one that was deleted for being "off topic and aggressive", the thought was the same.

One suggestion...stop making multiple threads on the same topic "Your first computer". While I do not mind it makes you look like "scatterbrained" and that is not a good diving trait.

I hope you find your "First Dive Computer" soon :)

Mantis Chromis vs Oceanic OCI

First Computer

Oceanic VTX

Suunto Zoop NOVO vs Oceanic Geo 2.0

Atomic Cobalt 2 vs Suunto Eon Steel

Suunto D6I NOVO

Dive Computer

Suunto EON steel

I disagree. While each topic has the basis of a dive computer, each topic is about different dive computers. Yes, the person is having a hard time choosing, but he(she?) is looking for advice, which I thought was one of the purposes of this forum. I have AOW certification and am still trying to find a better computer than the Suunto Zoop I was sold by my OW certifying dive shop. I have been hemming and hawing about what replacement dive computer to buy for over two years. Does that make me scatterbrained? Perhaps, but I want to be happy when I spend between $800 and $1,500 for the upgrade. I would like to be able to ask questions and get sincere advice without getting smart-aleck responses about what's taking me so long to make up my mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom