Police officer fatally shot in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Huh? There are no commercial flights between Bonaire and Venezuela.

I checked with Orbitz & see no direct commercial flights from Caracas to Bonaire, there are no direct flights. Some of the routes force you to Bogota, Panama City, Houston or Miami before going to Bonaire. That is a madness of flight routes with ridiculous fare & travel time. I can see the boat ride is a lot easier for those guys.

There are flights between Bonaire and Valencia, Caracas, Las Piedras, and Maracaibo, Venezueula. The boat route is still the easiest for transport of weapons.

There are flights between Bonaire and Valencia, Caracas, Las Piedras, and Maracaibo, Venezueula.

I still disagree. Can you please provide an example of airline and flight schedule?

It doesn't matter.

So, yours is bigger then, I guess is what you're trying to prove. Again, does that matter in this particular thread?

Last edited:
So, yours is bigger then, I guess is what you're trying to prove. Again, does that matter in this particular thread?

I was responding to someone else's statement that I disagreed with in factual context to this discussion. Not sure what your particular problem with me is, but it would be swell if you'd just ignore me and let it go.

I believe you are wrong, laugh again. Insel Air appears to have a number of flights to Venezuela, seems like most are through Curacao InselAir - Home page. What do you think? Many destinations in Venezuela

I definitely agree that flights from Curacao to Bonaire are numerous, and that Insel flies frequently between Venezuela and Curacao. But that's quite a bit different than planeloads of people regularly travelling between Bonaire and Venezuela. The latter is what I interpreted from your original comment.

I've got no argument regarding your observation of the significant number of South Americans on the island. Most are good people working in the housekeeping and construction trade industries, but there always seems to be some bad apples in most barrels. My armchair speculation is that the presence of firearms probably indicates that these particular bad guys are on the island illegally and probably arrived via boat.

I was responding to someone else's statement that I disagreed with in factual context to this discussion. Not sure what your particular problem with me is, but it would be swell if you'd just ignore me and let it go.

I definitely agree that flights from Curacao to Bonaire are numerous, and that Insel flies frequently between Venezuela and Curacao. But that's quite a bit different than planeloads of people regularly travelling between Bonaire and Venezuela. The latter is what I interpreted from your original comment.

I've got no argument regarding your observation of the significant number of South Americans on the island. Most are good people working in the housekeeping and construction trade industries, but there always seems to be some bad apples in most barrels. My armchair speculation is that the presence of firearms probably indicates that these particular bad guys are on the island illegally and probably arrived via boat.

You came across as a pompous, arrogant, and condescending. That's why chilly and I responded as we did. So, there are many air flights between Bonaire and Venezuela. Who knows how the guns get to Bonaire, boat would be a lot safer, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, there are guns all over the Caribbean, despite attempts to limit their range.

Good diving, Craig

Guys, really. . .does the flight schedule matter in this particular thread?

Personally, I would wait to lay blame. The flights from Venezulea to Bonaire are numerous. Let's see what we learn from this. How did they get the guns in Bonaire?
Getting guns places they aren't allowed is quite simple. It's not like people willing to murder a cop are deterred by a simple "no guns" law.

Back
Top Bottom