Secrets Capri - Cancun Dec 3 can anyone recommend a good dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dly2k1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for reliable dive shop for a week of diving

I recommend you contact Nicolas from CenoteXperience Nico and his brother Martin are great guys and excellent dive guides. I have been diving with them for over 6 years. Tell Nico that Steve from Canada sent you.

Can you change your reservations to Secrets Aura on Cozumel, much better diving on Cozumel

We did Secrets Aura this past February (2 weeks) the diving in Cozumel saved the trip because Secrets Aura was no screaming hell!

Sorry for the delay in responding - first the diving was off the charts!! best we have ever had!!! my wife and I and the other couple we were with did 18 dives each and it was spectacular! She was a little concerned at first with "drift diving" but that was gone after the first dive, we used the on site operator "dive planacar (sp?) and they were fantastic - looked after all of our gear everyday, rinsed, dry and humped it to the boat and back everyday ( and yes we paid extra for this but it was well worth it!). When i say the hotel was no screaming hell! let me explain - we were in the VIP section and the room with ocean view and the room was fine 3rd floor, large, nice bathroom, big tub, questionable AC?? but all in all pretty damn good!. Good pool and great bartenders! Nice to get some food service on the beach.

Concierge in the VIP section (Mariana) was incredible and did everything within her abilities to make our vacation special .

The bad - poor ocean access
small beach
limited seating on the beach
weak pour on the drinks unless your are very specific
sewage stink quite strong on the East side of the VIP section between the 2 resorts and very often during the late day and early evening almost unbearable.
bad food! - no further explanation required just bad food
Terribly long waits for bad food!
Time share seminar = whatever you do DO NOT do the time share seminar - I have never been more insulting, pressured, and demeaned and accused of being a "cheap Canadian" in my life! even after the management stated to me directly that this Secrets Resort was not up to the standards of other Secrets Resorts in Mexico

Would I go back - absolutely! but not to Secrets Aura but definitely to Cozumel for the amazing diving!

Last edited:
Hey, we are going to be at Secrets Capri that same week. Trying to make plans for dives too.

Don't dive Playa. Maybe go to Puerto Morelos, or Cozumel. Or cenote. Secrets Capri is more Playa del Carmen then Cancun. Cancun is about 30 miles away.

Maybe think on Bullshark dive from Playa.

Back
Top Bottom