Second stage upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,
I have been using my Oceanic Alpha regulator for more than 6 years without any problem. Always diving in warm water.
I just notice there's small crack on the second stage,
I can't find dive shop who selling the same second stage only
Is there any problem if I replace the second stage with other product, such as aqualung titan classic
I'm open with any recommendation
TIA

Most (not all) 2nd stages can be used with any first stage. The key is an intermediate pressure of ~ 140psi, which the Oceanic uses, as does Scubapro, Mares, Atomic, Aqualung, and others. The Titan would be fine.

You might want to see if a replacement body is available for your existing reg.

what they said about the second stage housing replacement. That or just put a line of superglue or epoxy or something over it to keep it where it can pass vacuum. No need to replace the whole regulator over a crack in some plastic

I'm cheap, and I know the power of epoxy, but I couldn't every recommend an epoxy repair. I'm sure it would be fine, but given the cheap availability of 2nd stages in the us I could in good conscience recommend it. Especially given the availability of cheap used regs on eBay and the classified section of scuba board.

Put a WTB for regulator you are looking for.

Thanks a lot for all your advises
Indeed, being new and does not speak Arabic I'm reluctant to purchase from on-line shop outside the country, I'm not familiar with custom regulation here.
Found few local shop in the country selling second stage from popular manufacturer such as Aqualung and Mares - unfortunately not Oceanic
Less hassle though cost me a bit more

The only problem I can see with replacing a 2nd stage with another brand is servicing.
No problem with a 1st, 2nd, and octo all different brands as long as the shop you use can service those 3 brands.
Check where you get your service done to find out what your options are.
The alternative is that come service time you may need to go to 2 different places.

Back
Top Bottom