airfares so high!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never again will I book the room till I have a more reasonable airfare!
There's the rub, innit? If you book the room first you are at the mercy of the airlines, but if you book the plane first your hotel of choice might be full.

I live on an island in the caribbean, I know quite well how expensive flights are. Six of us are traveling to Playa Del Carmen next week to dive the cenotes. We started looking for tickets the first week in June. Flights were outrageous at that time, $870 some dollars. We looked every week and in July everyone was able to book for $580. We always have to fly through Miami. No direct flights to Mexico from our island. It's really frustrating and since we are a vacation spot, the flights going home are always packed. I hope you are able to find a decent price for your flight.

I live on an island in the caribbean, I know quite well how expensive flights are. Six of us are traveling to Playa Del Carmen next week to dive the cenotes. We started looking for tickets the first week in June. Flights were outrageous at that time, $870 some dollars. We looked every week and in July everyone was able to book for $580. We always have to fly through Miami. No direct flights to Mexico from our island. It's really frustrating and since we are a vacation spot, the flights going home are always packed. I hope you are able to find a decent price for your flight.

Flying out of a relatively small airport, Portland, OR, I have to look every day. I've seen great prices last less than 24 hours.

Should I request or expect a refund?

Dave

If you are flexible with your dates, look at a Fri- Fri trip,instead of Sat- Sat. I have been looking at Cozumel in Feb. For Sat- sat the airfare is $1185. For Fri- Fri is $585 flying from a regional airport in Indiana. Or even Fri- Sat is lower.

Dec 10-18th NYC to COZ purchased for $480.00 RT. This week before schools out is always a great time to travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom