BC for the ample Woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to thank all that responded!! The suggestions and comments will help a lot!! I will let you know what she picks and why.

I am also a curvy girl. First of all... I respect your question of the two bcs.
I used the Ranger for my open water class. I thought I liked it. I ended up buying the Zeagle Tech.
My experience was that while I could get it to fit nicely on land, it would ride up in the water.
I have been diving a BPW for the past 4 years and I would never go back. I love the crotchstrap. it keeps everything in its place. Nothing feels tight. Nothing squeeses my chest, and my bc wont ride up. So, if she has an incling more hips than waist, please make her go for something with a crotchstrap. (And no, it isn't uncomfortable)
I wear my clean plate/harness with everything from skins/tshirt in warm water diving, to drysuits with doubles for coldwater techdiving.

Zena works for me AND my ladies. Lol. Only issue is an air bubble that occasionally gets trapped and I have to do some rolling and wiggling to get it out. (Likely user error.)

But the BC doesn't ride up. I have to loosen then tighten the straps each dive or else I can't zip it up. The snug fit keeps the tank in place so I don't have to compensate to keep the tank centered on my back (more an issue with heavier tanks). It fits nicely in my carry on bag. And it's lightweight. I chose a size smaller than recommended based on my body frame (31.5" rib cage) rather than the measurements listed on the size chart and I still have lots of slack to fit thicker suits. But I would recommend she try it on for fit before buying it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom