Uwatec Aladin Smart Tec vs Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aknavy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I currently have a Suunto Cobra first gen computer that works fine and has a new battery. I have the opportunity to trade for an Aladin Smart Tec, new battery and new transmitter. I'm interested in trying an AI wrist computer before shelling out the money for a new one. I'm also interested in having a less conservative dive profile for multiple dives in a day. Any downsides to the trade option?

Pretty old model >10yrs.
My work horse, Aladin Pro Nitrox, is 18yrs old but the display is fading over last couple of yr. So I probably would have to replace it soon.
Uwatec Aladin is very reliable. The only draw back is the battery replacement which can be expensive if do it through Scubapro or a bit tricky if DIY(plenty info on SB). The battery on my Aladin usually last about 3-4 yrs.

If the selling price is reasonable then why not,at least it will cure your curiosity on AI.

Yep, I know it's old. I'm looking at a straight trade, so no money involved. Just giving up my current computer that came with a regulator set I bought. I've only got three dives on the Cobra, and have no complaints yet, but kind of want to do the AI route. Only concern is the age of the computer. The display is clear, the battery was replaced last year and hasn't been in the water since, and the transmitter is brand new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom