So, I bought a Ladyhawk...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetPup

Weedy Sea Dragon
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I needed to upgrade my bcd (need being a relative term here), and finally decided to get the ScubaPro Ladyhawk. I've now spent a couple of weeks diving on it, and I feel divided.

It's more comfortable in the water than my previous "jacket style" bcd in general, and keeps me in better trim. However...I find it very frustrating as a photographer. I often need to contort my body into stupid positions to get photos, and the Ladyhawk is adamant about wanting to keep me in trim.

Any other female photographers have this issue with the Ladyhawk? Did you find that redistributing your weights to somewhere other than the weight pockets helped?

I take occasional photographs and have dived in a Lady Hawk for over 10 years. I find if I put weights in the trim pockets, it pushes me forward when I am in a head down position. I just don't use the trim pockets and the problem went away. My friend had the same issue with her trim pockets.

I'm a guy, but this applies to anybody. It took me a long time (probably 6 dives of experimentation) to get my weights distributed properly, but once I did, I can stay stable in attitude I want to when taking shots; head up, head down, on my side, back, whatever; it's all easy now. Finding the right weight distribution to allow that was not so easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom