Looking for a dive partner while in Sydney by bondi beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slkasice

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
While Australia has been on my list of places to dive, my first trip happens to be with my wife and kids and the kids are too young to dive. That said I plan to break away a couple of times to get some bubbles; preferable early mornings. We come in on September 29 and head out on Oct 8. Is anyone around who would like to join up for some shore diving? I'd be looking to rent equipment as well.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry and welcome to Down Under when you get here :)

For one, I'd post in https://mobile.facebook.com/groups/330776420276266?ref=bookmarks - lots of Sydney Divers there.

For another, have a look at Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

That is I think the best website about Sydney Dives out there :)

That being said, I'm a total newbie diver and I dive out of "Dive Center Manly"

They have rental gear as well as regularly organised shore and boat dives.
Personally I am planning their Shore dive on October 2nd, the Critter/Naturalized dive and BBQ on October 3rd fix.

I am off work October 1st - 5th and always happy to buddy up. But, my experience is limited to two sites at this time and 13 logged dives :)
You might want a more experienced buddy to do more exciting stuff. But do not miss out on Shelly Beach (during the week, rather than weekend :wink: ) fabulous site!

Anyway :) Hope you'll have a wonderful time here,

Roo

Barry, Koalaroo has posted above my web site. Australia is a big place, the same size as the 48 states of USA. Where are you going? This would help giving advice.

Hi Barry and welcome to Down Under when you get here :)

For one, I'd post in https://mobile.facebook.com/groups/330776420276266?ref=bookmarks - lots of Sydney Divers there.

For another, have a look at Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

That is I think the best website about Sydney Dives out there :)

That being said, I'm a total newbie diver and I dive out of "Dive Center Manly"

They have rental gear as well as regularly organised shore and boat dives.
Personally I am planning their Shore dive on October 2nd, the Critter/Naturalized dive and BBQ on October 3rd fix.

I am off work October 1st - 5th and always happy to buddy up. But, my experience is limited to two sites at this time and 13 logged dives :)
You might want a more experienced buddy to do more exciting stuff. But do not miss out on Shelly Beach (during the week, rather than weekend :wink:) fabulous site!

Anyway :) Hope you'll have a wonderful time here,

Roo
Sounds like you are off to a great start in Diving! Good luck.

This is great direction. Thank you for the advise. I will need gear so, a place like Dive Center would be great. I will be looking more into it and will let you know if I end up there on Oct 3rd or think I can break away more.

Barry, Koalaroo has posted above my web site. Australia is a big place, the same size as the 48 states of USA. Where are you going? This would help giving advice.

I see what you mean. The title of my post may not come through on the "mentions".

The site is fantastic. Remarkable database of dives.

We will be in Sydney by Bondi Beach. I'm game for going up to Manly, but thought diving off Bondi would be easier.

Which area do you prefer this time of year?

While there is diving near Bondi Beach, not many people dive there. The best diving in the harbour is really on the north side, so harder to get to. I would suggest Bare Island as a good place to go, plenty of things to see there that you will not find in the US. Try Snorkel Safari Matraville.

Back
Top Bottom