Galileo Luna Suddenly Not Reading PSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been using my Luna now for two years on about 60-70 dives and I love it. However, last Saturday during pool practice I was unable to get the computer to read my tank PSI. I tried two different tanks and followed all of the same procedures I have in the past. I have never had the computer never read PSI, it just typically takes a minute of breathing from your reg. I also removed the transmitter from the first stage to check connection and seals and it all looked fine and tight to me.

What kinds of things can I try to narrow down my issue? Would the transmitter tell me if the battery was low (transmitter battery not computer battery)? I have a trip coming up next month and really need to get this squared away by then. Thanks!

The computer will say if the transmitter battery is low. But the transmitter has to have enough power to connect.

Does it say 0psi or --- because it doesn't see the transmitter?

Thanks for the quick response. It always said "PSI ---". I have never seen an alert for the transmitter battery prior to this happening. I have only ever seen the battery indicator that is shown on the main screen ( which I assume is the computer battery).

Check your transmitter battery. You can also check the list of the paired tanks to see if the transmitter is showing up.

I think --- means no connection, so it's not finding the transmitter.

Check your transmitter battery. You can also check the list of the paired tanks to see if the transmitter is showing up.
I think --- means no connection, so it's not finding the transmitter.
And this has to be done when attached to a tank and pressurized correct? I am going to head to my LDC this week and ask them if I can troubleshoot on a tank for a bit. I would like it to be a battery issue because that would be an easy fix, however I've only dived on it for 60-70 dives so that would be unfortunate if the battery only lasts that long. I cannot be certain however that there has not been a time where my first stage sat pressurized on a tank for an extended period of time (maybe on a liveaboard) which would certainly drain the battery.

Actually, if you leave it on the tank pressurized, the TX will go to sleep after 1-2minutes of no pressure change

Actually, if you leave it on the tank pressurized, the TX will go to sleep after 1-2minutes of no pressure change
Nice to know, thanks. I just decided to bust it open, it's got a weird 3V 2/3AA in it. I imagine I can get it online rather simply but I wonder if I can quickly pick one up around town.

Yessir, I placed an order with them yesterday and it's ready for pickup today. I even got 10% off my order. Fingers crossed this is a simple battery issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom