Second stage upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only problem I can see with replacing a 2nd stage with another brand is servicing.
No problem with a 1st, 2nd, and octo all different brands as long as the shop you use can service those 3 brands.
Check where you get your service done to find out what your options are.
The alternative is that come service time you may need to go to 2 different places.

Thanks
Actually the regulator and octo are from different manufacturers - bought from scubatoys
No bigie for regular service. I know somebody (not authorized service center) who can service and provide parts from various popular manufacturer incl aqualung and mares

Find a Conshelf XIV and never buy another regulator. N

It is no longer manufactured. You have to buy used, rebuild and then enjoy for the next 40 years the toughest military/commercial regulator ever made.

N

The Conshelf XIV (or later 14) stands among only a few peers which would include the Kirby Morgan and another long time favorite the Scubapro 109. The Conshelf in particular is a very simple design, breaths exceptionally well, the parts are common off the shelf items and it is super easy to work on and tune. All of these are chrome plated brass and tough as nails.

I know this mildly upsets some of my colleagues in crime but IMO the Conshelf tops the SP 109. Of course, the 109 is prettier, lol, and usually coupled with a piston (MkV etc) first whereas the Conshelf gets the diaphragm first that is essentially the same internal parts and arrangement as the current AL Titan LX/Core/Legend.

N

Hmm...harder to find than I'd hoped...you have a spare set you'd like to sell James? I see one on eBay for around $107. Over here they want upwards of $500USD for a used SP Balanced adjustable so can imagine what they'd be asking for a Conshelf 14 should one come up. For the all plastic ones price seems to be around $30-50USD.

Last edited:
Hmm...harder to find than I'd hoped...you have a spare set you'd like to sell James? I see one on eBay for around $107. Over here they want upwards of $500USD for a used SP Balanced adjustable so can imagine what they'd be asking for a Conshelf 14 should one come up. For the all plastic ones price seems to be around $30-50USD.

I have been on a regulator diet over the last few years. I have sold or given away most of my fleet including several Conshelfs. I am now down to only three and one of those was up for sale but I have since reconsidered. My number one Conshelf is back up to my AL Titan LX which is back up itself to my Kraken. The number two Conshelf is back up to number 1 and also serves shore dive duty and the number three Conshelf is my kayak rig.

My active fleet:

1. Argonaut Kraken (replaced now semi retired PRAM)
2. AL Titan LX (back up to Kraken)
3. Conshelf number 1 (back up to Titan)
4. Conshelf number 2 (shore dive)
5. Conshelf number 3 (kayak)
6. SP R109 number 1 (just because I can)

Conshelfs do not usually run in the price range the SP109 does and there are tons of them out there. A little patience and nice ones can be found. I was selling this one but as I said, I have since reconsidered as I am now at minimal stock:

IMG_2666_zpseq0bwzzn.jpg

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom