AQWARY Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't like console computers or anything more complex then what you need for the dive. HOWEVER the fact that this company has replacement parts for their computers for sale on their website at reasonable costs - is a huge huge awesome bonus. Props to them for that. I hope they do well.

I don't like console computers or anything more complex then what you need for the dive. HOWEVER the fact that this company has replacement parts for their computers for sale on their website at reasonable costs - is a huge huge awesome bonus. Props to them for that. I hope they do well.

My wife and I just bought two. They were very reasonably priced. Great customer service, we had a web meeting with their sales manager. Honestly, I wanted an liquivsion omnix. Honestly, I got tired of waiting for it to come. One year, still waiting. The battery thing? I bought 16 2800 mAh rechargeables. We will put them through their paces on Bonaire next week. It's like a live abroad with better beds and food. We should be able to get through a complete day, swap and recharge at night. 2800's should give us 10 ish hrs. I'll still wear my back up wrist computer, and carry analog back up. I'll report after.

Very interesting. In photos, the basic form looks a lot like an Atomic Aquatic's Cobalt/Cobalt 2, but the onscreen interface looks different. I dive a console (Cobalt 2) and wireless transmitter with wrist unit (an old Oceanic Worldwide VT3), and for whatever reason like the large display and 'solid feel' of a console, so I look at it more despite the theoretical ease of glancing at the VT3. If I were in the market for a dive computer now, here's how the AQWARY would look to me...

1.) It being a console is fine.

2.) The issue of user replaceable batteries vs. built-in rechargeable ones has been debated in other threads, such as comparing the Shearwater computers (e.g.: Petrel, Perdix) to the SeaBear H3. In a nutshell, some people really like the option to swap out batteries because they might forget to charge a built-in non-removable one, they could forget the proprietary cable on a trip, or it might go bad or something. I find changing the battery in my VT3 nerve-wracking (but I think some consider it easy, at least one of whom I've seen post), and love the Cobalt's build-in long-lasting rechargeable battery.

Here's one area where the AQWARY may have a weakness. It's got user swappable, yeah, but whereas the Perdix has a long battery life on AA's, it sounds like the AQWARY does not.

3.) The ability to upload a graphic to display on screen, such as a dive site map (read about this in one review) sounds like a neat gimmick, but other than a sketch of a wreck, I wonder if it'd be useful in the real world?

4.) I imagine the buddy locator feature, and ability to check a fellow diver's remaining gas supply, would be very welcome to divers getting loved ones certified, especially parents getting their kids certified. And some married couples consist of an avid diver and a 'dabbler' (a.k.a. vacation diver, warm water wuss, only dives tropical aquarium conditions, etc...) - the avid diver might like extra monitoring capability for the more dependent spouse.

5.) Be mindful some functionality appears contingent on extra cost app.s you'd need to buy.

6.) Looks like there's an app. that lets you text fellow divers, but this thing doesn't have a full keyboard. Sounds nice in an emergency; not so nice if chatter box people don't maintain decent buoyancy and damage the reef.

Between this, the DeepBlu Cosmic and the upcoming dive computer offering from Deep 6 Gear, seems like we're seeing more offerings from other than the traditional established big brand names (e.g.: Oceanic Worldwide, Suunto, AquaLung, Atomic Aquatics, ScubaPro, etc...).

Richard.

Between this, the DeepBlu Cosmic and the upcoming dive computer offering from Deep 6 Gear, seems like we're seeing more offerings from other than the traditional established big brand names (e.g.: Oceanic Worldwide, Suunto, AquaLung, Atomic Aquatics, ScubaPro, etc...).

Any photo, specs, link to the Deep 6 Gear computer?

I'm eyeballing this system as well....two units in fact. LiquiVision Lynx is also on this list. The Aqwary company is VERY accessible and friendly. And, the fact that many people say that the LiquiVision people aren't helpful makes me want to stay away. BUT, the Aqwary is new and untested. I don't want to spend $2115 for a pair then learn that this is more of an underwater network device instead of a dive computer. I could give a hoot about underwater communications as it's probably a waste of time and air. I want a great dive computer with partner / family tracking. I also wish it was wireless.

I just wish more people had experiences with this unit.....

Same as above; two lynx's already. Looking to upgrade/switch to smart console since some lynx functions didn't seem to work and outlook of company is unknown. Concerns about log management (store of export to local rather than cloud), and warranties (email sent without reply)....so just watching for now ..

Redlegs,

I have a SKYPE meeting with Oskar from Aqwary tomorrow. I will report back to you. See PM from me!

You haven't bought them yet have you?? If you haven't STOP. Aqwary went under Monday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom