Swing Flip Lens adapters...anyone use these? Would love some input, these arent exactly inexpensive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiediver1961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking to buy one of these but wanted to reach out to get some feedback first....it appears it would be very easy to use. Anyone? This would be for a G16 in a Fantasea housing.

swing.JPG

Im just interested in the single lens one I think. How does the lens stay centered while on this flip?

We sell the Saga flip and it won't fit your housing. The Fantasea takes an adapter to go to 67mm. The adapter is flat and there isn't any room for the flip adapter hinge.

Oh Man, really??? :(

A concern I have about the Fantasea adapter--looks like it "clips" on to the port with the lens attached....so if I don't want to use it it hangs down or goes into a keeper of some sort. I would really like fast and easy.

THANK you for pointing this out to me. Much appreciated!

Last edited:
I am clearly not in your class of photography. But with the right system I think a flip system would be worth while. My limited experience is with my GoPro Hero 4 Black. If I had one lens/filter on something would come by that needed the other, and I was struggling to get the filer off and the Macro on or visa versa. I found the dual flip very useful for me. Red filter and Macro lens. The below photo was taken with GoPro Hero 4 Black, Fish-Lite V24 Video Light and Backscatter dual lens adapter in June 2016 Papua New Guinea. My index finger in glove is the white object on the left, the pigmy sea horse is about 1/4 of the width of my index finger. Yellow Shrimp on Crinoid and of course a Cuttlefish.

Yes--I definitely want one of these. Sounds like my Fantasea housing is the issue. Good read on the older thread giffenK, thank you. I just don't want to screw and unscrew and mess with a lens, flipping it to the side sounds way better.

Well, further down in the tiny Q&A it says it wont....RATS! Couldn't figure out how to delete my post my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom