Samara Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

topher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to Playa Samara in mid-February with wife and kids. I have tried to contact 2 dive outfits via email forms on their websites and no response. I understand this is not the best dive destination in the world but I would love to get a few dives in. Anyone with knowledge of the area that can help would be great. Also- is El Nino screwing up vis/temps, etc? What should I expect for water temps? I would like to introduce my kids to snorkeling (ages 6 and 9 and good swimmers) Any thoughts on good areas for snorkelin gin the area?
Thanks as always

Going to Playa Samara in mid-February with wife and kids. I have tried to contact 2 dive outfits via email forms on their websites and no response. I understand this is not the best dive destination in the world but I would love to get a few dives in. Anyone with knowledge of the area that can help would be great. Also- is El Nino screwing up vis/temps, etc? What should I expect for water temps? I would like to introduce my kids to snorkeling (ages 6 and 9 and good swimmers) Any thoughts on good areas for snorkelin gin the area?
Thanks as always
Hi Guys! I recently started a dive operation in Samara Beach, we havent open yet, but am taking a group there this weeken and stay there for good, we are going to be mostly working on marketing and more for a few days, but if you guys are still in the area Ill be more then happy to take you all, Am a PADI Instructor and I have a Divemaster in Site as well, I personally been diving in samara for quite a few times and the dives are fun and there are lots of schools of fish depths go from 5 meters to 30 plus, the visibility varies depending on the currents but most of the time are in betwen 10 to 25 meters, the water its warm and nice with anything between NO SHIRT AT ALL TO 3 MM work fine for most people!, well I hope I can assist you guys! and here is our email samaradiving - gmail looking forward to talk to you all!

Hey yeah! well first of the visibility over the weeken was good we had between 5 to 10 mts visibility, and the water are warm I used a 2.5 mm shorty, so its pretty good I can say! if you want to dive with us we will be more then happy to take you, we have a small boat, we use for 6 divers plus the guide, if you want the kids to go snorkeling that would be awesome! I can bring a guide for them as well, and all the gear if you need it, 506-83254670

@sportyluis - we ended up diving with http://buceogavilana.com
We asked around in town when we arrived, and despite being told there were no dive operations nearby, we finally came across these guys. Run by a super nice Belgian guy - if you speak french, you'll be in better shape as it would've been a bit of a struggle otherwise. He came and picked us up, and it was about a 40minute off-road trip to the boat (glad we didn't try and make it to him on our own .. a few washed out roads, etc). Hope this helps!

@sportyluis - we ended up diving with http://buceogavilana.com
We asked around in town when we arrived, and despite being told there were no dive operations nearby, we finally came across these guys. Run by a super nice Belgian guy - if you speak french, you'll be in better shape as it would've been a bit of a struggle otherwise. He came and picked us up, and it was about a 40minute off-road trip to the boat (glad we didn't try and make it to him on our own .. a few washed out roads, etc). Hope this helps!
I too used buceo Gavilana and agree with above. Nice Belgian couple. Very little English. Interesting reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom