Geo 2.0 - I'm beyond befuddled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's funny is the manual was pretty useless for me but the "Quick Setup Guide" was more than enough for both me and wifey to learn the Geo2.0 setup.

:rofl3: looks ok to me. Describes exactly what buttons and menus do. (You made me look.)

What's funny is the manual was pretty useless for me but the "Quick Setup Guide" was more than enough for both me and wifey to learn the Geo2.0 setup.

The print is so tiny on the Quick Setup Guide that I couldn't read it (47 year old eyes), even with my cheaters! :(

Another diver here that feels your pain - as both a geo 2.0 owner and a 40 cfr part 50, 53, and 58 reader.

I was lost without the dive nav course which really helped to figure everything out. It was worth the money (free when I bought mine). I like the Geo and would recommend it with the caveat that the buyer must take the course.

As dmaziuk says, once you know the navigation of the Geo the manual might make sense but for the new user....

Oceanic manuals are and have been horrible for a while. I got a VEO 3.0 about 3-4 years ago and the manual it came with wasn't even the most up to date manual. It didn't even really apply to the computer. I will say though I contacted them by email and they got right back to me and emailed me a PDF version of it.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it.

What do you dislike about this computer that you now know about (other than the manual)? I'm thinking of buying it so your input is appreciated.

What do you dislike about this computer that you now know about (other than the manual)? I'm thinking of buying it so your input is appreciated.

Too complicated to program, too many features I will never use - tech diving

Once I figured out the button sequences I don't find it hard to program at all and don't find it full of features. There are a few that I use when diving nitrox but that is pretty standard as far as recreational diving goes.

If I could find another for the price I paid I would get a second.

Eh... I don't think it is too complicated. In truth, you can just leave most all of the settings as default. Set to air or input your Nitrox mix and go...

My only complaint is the size of the screen. I'm starting to need bifocals, and would appreciate a larger screen. But then of course, your mileage may vary.

Marie13... maybe use my simplified cheat sheet. It is easier to read, and focuses on the features that I like.

I've tried to attach my PDF to this message... hope it worked.

Attachments

• Visio-GEO2.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 50
I've been diving mine for a year.

The only fiddly thing about the design is that most of the useful functions disappear when it isn't in "dive mode."

Back
Top Bottom