Dive computers... SO many choices!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no reason to believe the decompression algorithm run by the Eon Steel is any different than the Suunto RGBM algorithm run by other Suunto computers. This is supported by the owner's manual. Of course you can change the personal conservative factor to -2, who knows exactly what that does as the algorithm is proprietary and not included in any dive planning software other than Suunto.

I thought the documentation said the Steel runs "Fusion RGBM", where other Suuntos run other variations of RGBM.

iX3M series but not for the iDive series

I was told by Ratio Computer technical people that BOTH versions, iX3M and the iDive, will have AI feature. The official announcement will be made at this coming DEMA.

Last edited:
I thought the documentation said the Steel runs "Fusion RGBM", where other Suuntos run other variations of RGBM.

Whatever that proprietary algorithm is. Still can't plan on any available software.

:bounce: ... deep 6 without ai, fins that propel you without batteries or use of muscles. Also flying cars :bounce:
Do you believe that computer will ever appear and sell for $139.00 as originally suggested on their web page?
I want to buy one at 139.00 + shipping.

Whatever that proprietary algorithm is. Still can't plan on any available software.

As far as I've ever heard, the only actual implementation of RGBM running on a PDC is aftermarket software available for the Liquivision Xeo.

As far as I've ever heard, the only actual implementation of RGBM running on a PDC is aftermarket software available for the Liquivision Xeo.

I think the Atomic Cobalt 2 (and, presumably, the original Cobalt) does, too.

Do you believe that computer will ever appear and sell for $139.00 as originally suggested on their web page?
I want to buy one at 139.00 + shipping.

I would put some solid faith in it. :)

That is our stated price and we are sticking to it.

I have one of my prototypes in hand. We are making some firmware changes, one of which is adding Buhlmann ZHL-16C as the primary decompression algorithm, so the unit will be capable of running either model by a user selectable function.

Here is a photo of the unit from less than 10 minutes ago!

yWXvHaialjn1rlQTQGcRJtPp-1Pcvc5h-X4hvYZFHGgQp1OFVdTIcisMb_mGiu7_qbGmG0Xc-NaTdhR1iYksXZwOJhutfTRrVNpGtO6DcCAClqYJD-eJIAGOYh_JVvpoMEXIF2mXWbjFOVR8VRQyLwucQrhcghMymox7kKcXXuHUxu9gJ4srKI3erXSQl9WH8xbqgKIv6-lAvbk42G18TnK_8XRxptPXNWzrahbkeIThrGuqD37Sl1lHBARYJpKXMp65ExYPEsfRHsCNWKpi1QaBm4n1502mS5rG7QXnAr1jifAxN_gcrqHcSa7aozYiBkb9gzjA1rWr2omXnjokM7M6Ic7CRcr2OxkvtsutR1qVJBVVUUgfyTS0IBKy_fx1dDbpVVya1R-knJA06-efzUFCGpNZZMFHe5e_Eay3HOHSpgOj-MZ8EQxCzYNAFQSq4SlUoiMLpUnn06xwrW6H7rG7j5dRbfu7bxa5DzPGUhcM8ks59xIKpevSFyFyU8qtdDEzZGC3mdbtaR8mu1yxdzyVXOAu3T7NgsvFnLnOX4_Cn1abzdLaX_Y8pwIeqrr6zdIMmFZvPr4l-tfbuFfWGvu52LL0pC_zTMejgZ-4XCGU3HMM=w785-h990-no

I would put some solid faith in it. :)

That is our stated price and we are sticking to it.

I have one of my prototypes in hand. We are making some firmware changes, one of which is adding Buhlmann ZHL-16C as the primary decompression algorithm, so the unit will be capable of running either model by a user selectable function.

Here is a photo of the unit from less than 10 minutes ago!

yWXvHaialjn1rlQTQGcRJtPp-1Pcvc5h-X4hvYZFHGgQp1OFVdTIcisMb_mGiu7_qbGmG0Xc-NaTdhR1iYksXZwOJhutfTRrVNpGtO6DcCAClqYJD-eJIAGOYh_JVvpoMEXIF2mXWbjFOVR8VRQyLwucQrhcghMymox7kKcXXuHUxu9gJ4srKI3erXSQl9WH8xbqgKIv6-lAvbk42G18TnK_8XRxptPXNWzrahbkeIThrGuqD37Sl1lHBARYJpKXMp65ExYPEsfRHsCNWKpi1QaBm4n1502mS5rG7QXnAr1jifAxN_gcrqHcSa7aozYiBkb9gzjA1rWr2omXnjokM7M6Ic7CRcr2OxkvtsutR1qVJBVVUUgfyTS0IBKy_fx1dDbpVVya1R-knJA06-efzUFCGpNZZMFHe5e_Eay3HOHSpgOj-MZ8EQxCzYNAFQSq4SlUoiMLpUnn06xwrW6H7rG7j5dRbfu7bxa5DzPGUhcM8ks59xIKpevSFyFyU8qtdDEzZGC3mdbtaR8mu1yxdzyVXOAu3T7NgsvFnLnOX4_Cn1abzdLaX_Y8pwIeqrr6zdIMmFZvPr4l-tfbuFfWGvu52LL0pC_zTMejgZ-4XCGU3HMM=w785-h990-no
The new feature is what I believe most divers preferred mode. Good on Deep 6.
Looking forward to the official launch! Can't wait.

Don't worry, it is coming, we just want to make sure we have everything exactly the way we want at launch. Let us get done with the firmware changes, then a few weeks of unit testing and general abuse before we push them out to customers.

We are making some firmware changes, one of which is adding Buhlmann ZHL-16C as the primary decompression algorithm, so the unit will be capable of running either model by a user selectable function.

What is the other algorithm you are using besides the "Buhlmann ZHL-16C"?

Also, does the diver have to push a button to get the computer to turn the backlight on or is it on always?

Another question, is it wrist watch size or is it bigger so the ALL numbers and their respective labels are BIG?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom