Neptune N-900R BCD sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tantell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi guys, local shop here is closing down and I spotted in the window a Neptune N-900R BCD reduced to $200 (I presume brand new) but I couldn't find any reviews or thoughts on it. Anyone have any idea?
I'm a newbie looking for some decent cheap gear to start with (but in no rush)

BCD NEPTUNE N-900R SML at Aquanaut Live

Cheers
Shaun

I can not give you any advise on the actual BCD but if in the window I would take a good look for sun fading. Any significant fading would rule it out for me.

Yeah I know what you mean. Lucky in the city, these windows don't get any direct sun that I can tell.

It is a back-inflate, weight-integrated BCD. Nothing special about it, nothing particularly wrong with it either. It has a bit unnecessary padding, much of which could / should be removed, so that you don't have to carry additional lead to offset the inherent buoyancy of the BCD itself. It has more D-rings than a diver needs, but most of them are essentially fixed position, so they aren't particularly useful, either. As a starter BCD, it should be functional. And, at $200, the purchase price is reasonable for that unit, but I would try to get it for less - maybe $150. As a newer diver, use it to gain experience, and if you continue diving, plan to replace it in 3-4 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom