Truk Jan 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bashaw77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've booked my trip to Truk. I will get there Jan 13 leave Jan 30 staying at Blue Lagoon my wife is not a Diver she'll be relaxing in the Sun, while I take a look at the Wrecks. Let me know if some of you on the Forum will be there at the same time.

Best of luck. I did Truk a few years back and it was arguably the most memorable week of my life.

I do think your wife might get very bored though. Not much in the way of beaches (or pools) at Blue Lagoon. Make sure that she has a few books downloaded on her Kindle!

Here is a link to my old trip report:
Truk Lagoon trip report (with photos)

Truk is brutal if you're not diving. Have fun

You would be best to leave the wife at home, saving a lot of money and your marriage. Nothing at all to do in Chuuk unless you are a diver. No pool, only one small beach at Blue Lagoon. Alternatively, send her on a holiday somewhere else at the same time.

She can stay with us in Abu Dhabi, and I can join you!

I'm a wee bit envious; have a great holiday!

GJS

My wife is tough she went to Mozambique and spent 10 days in a jungle camp killing Bugs and reading books while I was out Hunting. She's going to do some Fishing while we're there. Speaking of Bugs, how are they in Truk?

My wife is tough she went to Mozambique and spent 10 days in a jungle camp killing Bugs and reading books while I was out Hunting. She's going to do some Fishing while we're there. Speaking of Bugs, how are they in Truk?

You're a lucky man!

I don't remember there being many bugs (and I went out jogging a few times). I was there around the same time of year you'll be going.

Hey, my wife and I will be in Truuk at the same time! :). Well, we've only got a few (3) days as it's an adjunct to our trip to Palau...I had to convince her it was worthwhile (she's not a wreck diver)...We're there from the 15th - 19th...

Where are you staying - Truuk stop or Blue Lagoon?

The Blue Lagoon, How about you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom