Is It Boring Being The Only One On A Dive With A Dpv?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The excess baggage fees to bring the DPV comes from the fact that United Airlines has a monopoly on the Island Hopper Route from Hawaii through the Marshall Islands into Micronesia (Truk), and can charge whatever exorbitant fare they want to. . .

I live on the Island Hopper Route...United Airlines has made so many "drug deals" that even Pablo Escabar would be in envy.

If you are a US citizen it cost you about $1500 from Kwaj to Honolulu; if you are from the Marshall Islands it is about $300 plus they will put you in up graded seats for free.

At Bikini Atoll, the WWII Aircraft Carrier USS Saratoga is over 888' long, and to do a grand tour exploration at a range of depths from 18 to 57 meters deep with doubles and deco cylinders, a scooter/DPV is a better, smarter more efficient mode of locomotion than "Freediving fins".

The excess baggage fees to bring the DPV comes from the fact that United Airlines has a monopoly on the Island Hopper Route from Hawaii through the Marshall Islands into Micronesia (Truk), and can charge whatever exorbitant fare they want to. . .

Maybe I should start a scooter rental for people going on the Windward. :wink:

I live on the Island Hopper Route...United Airlines has made so many "drug deals" that even Pablo Escabar would be in envy.

If you are a US citizen it cost you about $1500 from Kwaj to Honolulu; if you are from the Marshall Islands it is about $300 plus they will put you in up graded seats for free.

Don't even get me started Mike. >(

John,

Maybe when I come home from this island for good, you can take your scooter and solo card and I can take my scooter and solo card and we can go diving again? :)

Michael
I would look forward to it, Michael. Of course, if we do that,w e can leave our solo cards home.

Wow I sure do love where I live. Nobody looks at me oddly when I show up to a dive with my DPV and sometimes there are many others as well.

I solo boat dive with my Pirhana DPV all the time however since meeting my boyfriend 8 months ago and having him tow me to a couple of awesome shore sites, and having me on back gas and him on rebreather ... I thought we were good.

Except now he's gone and fallen in love with my DPV and bought his own lol I guess we can plan actual DPV dives together now!!

Yeah definitely NOT boring. Farthest thing from.

Jody, did you buy your P1 new from the USA? Just curious as I'm looking to get another DPV soon. (I had a Gavin then a Sierra but sold them when I bought my rebreather).

@sunnyboy if you're on the island and want a demo of one, I can hook you up with our dealer in Victoria. He's got some for demo and will gladly take you out. PM me if you want his info.

Jody, did you buy your P1 new from the USA? Just curious as I'm looking to get another DPV soon. (I had a Gavin then a Sierra but sold them when I bought my rebreather).

Hey Sunnyboy, I actually bought a "demo" unit direct from the DiveX factory exactly a year ago (a friend did a demo dive while they were on tour here locally and let me know that they had a couple demo units available, she bought one and I bought one). It was slightly marked down in price, but looked and worked like new.

I haven't had any issues with it, other than the charger went out on me a couple weeks ago. My boyfriend actually lives in Seattle (while I am in BC) and so he brought the DPV and the charger back to the factory for me, and they swapped out the charger, and reconditioned my battery (as it had dipped low during the charger issue), no charge as still under the one year warranty.

I am LOVING my DPV... oh and yeah, my boyfriend has also loved it. He's enjoyed towing me around sharing mine, but he's decided to get his own and he just picked it up last week also. If you get one, send me a message and the next time we're visiting on the Island (besides when I head up to Port Hardy), we'll get together for a scoot (or you can come over here for a visit) - there are a couple of P1 friends of mine in the Lower Mainland. :)

Back
Top Bottom