Maui: Ed Robinsons Dive Adnventure (ERDA) Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just curious. Why do you feel it is important to dive with your own tank?
Known weighting perhaps?
Larger volume?
Did you travel all the way from AK with your tank?
Thank you.
As Diver Steve said their tank, your air consumption

I remember Bird! Yes, he's an interesting character. The other boat captain (I forget his name) was much friendlier.
Capt Bird was a ow student of mine a long time ago. His brother Bill Gleason , friend of mine back in the day, worked for Skin Diver magazine. Have not seen either in years.

Captain Byrd can be a little crusty at times, but he has a heart of gold, knows where the good dive sites are, can read the ocean like the back of his hand, and always listens to the customers about where they want to go and what they want to see.

We love ERDS! Been out to Molokini twice with them and had a fantastic time. Dave was our dive leader this last trip and Captain Byrd was there both trips. He is definitely a character but we thought he was great. On the 2 tank Molokini dive, they'll stop at one additional site on the way there or back (depending on the conditions) and will often ask guests where they'd like to go. We got to see a really cool WWII aircraft and tank wreck site on the last dive. Definitely thumbs up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom