Truk Jan 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, my wife and I will be in Truuk at the same time! :). Well, we've only got a few (3) days as it's an adjunct to our trip to Palau...I had to convince her it was worthwhile (she's not a wreck diver)...We're there from the 15th - 19th...

Where are you staying - Truuk stop or Blue Lagoon?
Give me Truk over Palau anytime. There is no comparison.
There is NO current in Truk unlike some sites in Palau.

Some people like current. It brings the sharks :bounce::jaws::yeahbaby:

Besides, happy wife, happy life! :). I'm just glad I get to go - we've promised each other if the jellyfish at JFL aren't great or the diving at Truuk is amazing, we'll go back again...

Besides, current does bring some interesting stuff sometimes...

Bashaw - Truk is one of my best dive memories. If your into wrecks and or history you will love it.

CC when we did our trip we did a week in Palau followed by a week in Truk. The only thing your going to be disappointed about is that you want more tim for both, make sure you enjoy the Rock Islands, they are amazing

Bashaw - Truk is one of my best dive memories. If your into wrecks and or history you will love it.

CC when we did our trip we did a week in Palau followed by a week in Truk. The only thing your going to be disappointed about is that you want more tim for both, make sure you enjoy the Rock Islands, they are amazing

Thanks - Mrs CC actually wanted to go for jellyfish lake but as they've been decimated, we may be back sooner than expected. I also had her promise me that if Truuk lives up to its reputation we'll go back! :)

What time of year did you go? Liveaboard? I'm super excited about it...

We were there February 2015, our group was in Truk for the 71st anniversary of the attack.

We did live aboards for both, the Tropic Dancer in Palau and the Oddyssey in Truk. I would HIGHLY recommend both boats, especially the Odyssey, they have moorings at the wrecks so you drop in right on top of the wrecks and you are treated like an adult, you can dive with or without a DM/guide and dive your own schedule.

Jacques Cousteau did one show about the wrecks titled "Lagoon of lost ships" which is really cool and can be found on the net. There is also a former DM from the area that did a really good video combining current wreck footage with footage from the attack and history of the attack. I don't remember the name of it though.

Last edited:
49 Days until I get to Truk Bucket list trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom