Best diving in Asia early december

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vigg1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!
Im going to Asia from 28.nov till 22.dec solo trip.
Will spend at least one week diving, maybe live aboard 3-4 days - have AOW 30m license (12 dives - not experienced)
Looking for: clear water 30m+, large fish and just stunning views and colours=)

There is alot of different dive tips around the internet, but Im asking here to hear whats your experience is because you (ppl at this foum) have been everywhere.

I have not booked the trip yet but consider Indonesia and Cambodia, but only diving in Indonesia (Komodo).
BUT as I read I see there are many places around Thailand that is world class and there is dry season in Thailand but wet season in Indonesia at this time.

Any advices ?
Thx=)

Any experience from the Phillipphines ? I see december is a good month for scuba diving as well

Raja Ampat is not too wet in December. My best diving trip in December is in there. I'll see if Galápagos will beat it this coming December.

Cost wise, it's better be. I'm paying twice as much of liveaboard trip to Galápagos ($600/day) than to Raja Ampat ($300/day).

Raja Ampat is not too wet in December. My best diving trip in December is in there. I'll see if Galápagos will beat it this coming December.

Cost wise, it's better be. I'm paying twice as much of liveaboard trip to Galápagos ($600/day) than to Raja Ampat ($300/day).

Ok thx, raja ampat would be awesome but might a little to expensive.. How did u Get there - flight from denpasar to sorong ?

I have done it in 2 ways. 1. From Denpasar to Sorong, via Makassar. 2. From Jakarta to Sorong via Makassar,but I heard that now there is a nonstop from Jakarta to Sorong with NAM.

I have done it in 2 ways. 1. From Denpasar to Sorong, via Makassar. 2. From Jakarta to Sorong via Makassar,but I heard that now there is a nonstop from Jakarta to Sorong with NAM.

Ok,
Can I also ask wich company u did use for liveaboard and did u stay in any of the islands?

Thank u very much for the information
Im well travelled but i see this is not the easiest place to travel=)

I have done liveaboard in Raja Ampat with Grand Komodo & lagaligoliveaboard | lagaligo liveaboard

I have stayed in 3 different resorts there in the past 6 years. 1. Raja Ampat Dive Lodge in Mansuar Island, Central Raja Ampat, owned by the Grand Komodo. 2. misool eco resort, raja ampat, indonesia: overview of our exclusive dive resort in Batbitim Island, Misool, South Raja Ampat. 3. In Dive Raja Ampat Biodiversity Hotspot - Raja4Divers in Pef Island, Central Raja Ampat. They are all good.

Ok, thanks!

Any experience from the Phillipphines ? I see december is a good month for scuba diving as well
Of course it is, a lot easy to travel around and language is never an issue. But also coincide with the peak travelling period for the tourist and local alike especially after 15th Dec. Reservation is highly recommended around Christmas for the more popular destinations eg. Anilao(macro), Coron(wrecks), PG(all round) and Malapascua(thresher shark). One of my favourite is Southern Leyte(Sogod Bay), slightly off the beaten track.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom