Quick connect fittings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milkman670

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a regulator/laptop bag. I find with the laptop in its sleeve the regs sit to high. I have already put a HP quick connect on the console line so it lies lower and I can use the computer without regs. I'm still worried about the Octo line getting crushed or kinked under a aircraft seat. What would be better, a LP quick connect or remove line and plug stage one? Total of 5 flights 2 locations.

Why go to the expense and complication just to avoid removing a hose for transport?

+ 1 for removing it any one can do it . but if your uncomfortable doing it take it to your lds then get the dive op who your diving with to reattach ............

Point of failure or disconnect underwater. Stay away from them.

Point of failure or disconnect underwater. Stay away from them.
Amen to that.
If you can figure out how to work the quick connect you can figure out how to remove and reattach the hose. It's not a space shuttle, it's just a regulator.

How do you like the hose routing while diving? Could a 45 or 90° ell solve the transport problem AND improve routing? Just a thought.

Other than that, my first option would be to return the regulator bag and pack the regulator in a carry-on with things stuffed in between. The computer could be protected by putting it inside a wetsuit boot, socks, or by a T-shirt wrapped around it... you get the idea. Regulator bags might be great but not if it requires removing hoses just to use it. There is plenty of dive "stuff" that you can use to protect it more than the bag can, not add any weight, or take up valuable packing space.

You might also be able to reduce the gaggle of hoses and improve hose routing with one of these connectors:
Manifolds and Switch Blocks | Dive Gear Express®

Last edited:
Yes it is a potential failure point but should be fine if using it on your octo the choice is obviously up to you.XS SCUBA makes one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 100
I understand that theoretically quick connects are a potential point of failure, but does anybody have the actual data on rates of failure per X number of dives or data from other industries that use these?

Back
Top Bottom