Halcyon Explorer 10W HID parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelvkwok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My local distributor told me my HID light may have a failure in either the ballast or bulb but manufacturer no longer produce it. Any idea if I can find other source of the parts and replace it myself?
Thanks a lot.

Any idea who the part manufacturers are? ( A lot of the 10 watt HID were Welch-Allyn but I don't know if halcyon used these parts.)

Sorry that I have no idea who is the parts manufacturer. Thank you.

Ok.. If they are WA parts, you can source the updated version of the ballast (now a 10W-14W ballast in same size) as well as bulbs from USHIO website under the Solarc product line.

Hope it all works out.

My local distributor told me my HID light may have a failure in either the ballast or bulb but manufacturer no longer produce it. Any idea if I can find other source of the parts and replace it myself?
Thanks a lot.

Can you post a picture of the bulb?

Can you post a picture of the bulb?

Sure, is it good enough?
IMG_4783[1].JPG

Ok.. If they are WA parts, you can source the updated version of the ballast (now a 10W-14W ballast in same size) as well as bulbs from USHIO website under the Solarc product line.

Hope it all works out.
Thanks for your advice. I have studied the information from their website and looks like the ballast with part number B10R001 of 10-14W is right for the wattage but for the size it indicates (2.05"x2.05"x2.17") seems too large to fit in the lamp head housing.

Back
Top Bottom