DGX Classic Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Search this forum for "DGX Classic" and you'll see some comments.

Search has nothing of value. Even google grabbed hardly anything. Noones talking about DGX Classics.

I have a set of the XXL (13 feet). The foot pocket side walls are thicker around the strap connection point. It hurts my foot there with regular scuba boots. With Adidas Sambas or Converse shoes on, they should be fine. I'm going to try yhe DGX Poisedon boots that are Converse copies.

I'm still testing them. But seem like heavy, clunky, jet fins to me. Not sure about all the Jet fanfare here. Other than being negative, they don't seem all that special to me.e.

Thanks for your feedback.

Definitely not much information on them.

Not sure if I should take a chance on them or go with the tried and true...

I decided to try a pair. I really like them.

It's nice that they state the foot pocket dimensions as it really helps with sizing when ordering online. When I first tried them on, I could not get them on over my drysuit boots. I couldn't understand why because the foot pockets were bigger than my existing fins. On closer inspection, it felt like the rubber in the foot pockets was slightly sticky. As well, my drysuit boots have small ribs on the sides of the soles. Once I got them wet, they slid right on and fit well.

I have never tried this type of fin before so I don't have much to compare them to. I did find that they have good power and I didn't get any cramps with them.

For $69 including the spring straps, they are hard to beat in my inexperienced opinion.

I got a pair of the Piranha Torpedo fins and put spring straps on them. Been a great season with them, they've held up well and do the job. (Piranhas-Torpedo-Fins-Size-XL-PAIR-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom