Mark from Catalina Divers Supply saved my diving day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dizzi Lizzi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did not have a great diving day the day before and wanted to try again. :cry: It was drizzly and dark but damm it I'm going in!

1st problem. Computer kaput. :mad: Battery icon showing and won't change screens. The day before I got a 1% CNS warning, but it was weird as I wasn't working hard, just fining about. It cleared after a few seconds, I didn't change what I was doing. Ok fine, I'm gonna rent a reg.

2nd problem. I obviously didn't remember the specifics about my BCD with air 2. :dork2:You can't just put any reg on. I just figured I would have 3 air sources my primary, the octo and air2. Got hooked up, the low pressure hose barely went on, I figured it was just different. SPG good. Primary good. Hmmm Air2 won't breathe. Shoot, power inflator won't work. Oh yeah, now I remember. Back to trailer, explain and get new reg that is set up like mine. Almost.

3rd problem I cannot even get close to connection the lp hose. :facepalm:I'm figuring its a snorkel day. We take our weights and tanks back as they don't have that type of connector. In steps Mark, my knight in shining armour. Well ok, he's in shorts, tee and cap. Asks to see my reg, which now is reading altitude:eek: ...super weird, something needs service ASAP!! I am not diving with that, and I'm not sharing my buddys computer. Mark simply removes my hp and console, attaches his and voila! I'm good to go. That's service for you. CATALINA DIVERS SUPPLY ROCKS!!! :thumb::thumb:The sun came out and in I went :yeahbaby:

pardon my excess use of smilies.

Good post ! Their prices are fair and service very good despite having a killer location.

Yeah,

Thats about the best Giant Sea Bass love fest I have ever seen. It's lasted over a month too and with largest # I have seen. They are way more into nuzzling and chasing each other than worried about the divers. (Which is how they almost got speared to extinction.) Great opportunity to see them.

Pretty great conservation story as GSB were almost never seen when I began diving. Hopefully the orgy will still be in full swing Thurs..im going to be there then.

Catalina Divers Supply was kind to us when we visited. I love Catalina. Now that we have drysuits, I hope we return and actually dive comfortably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom