Neoprene Dive Sneakers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at a pair of poseidons and I was immediately disappointed. They're trying to capitalize on the look of Chuck's, not the functionality.

Honestly, unless I'm just taking a dip in my pool to sort out something, I'm in my Chuck's. I wear a pair of neoprene 3mm socks if I'm diving wet (very very rarely) or just my drysuit socks. I haven't had a problem with either, and at $50 for a new pair, I'm not heartbroken if I wear them out.

Update.
I ordered a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor Neoprene Uppers from Nike on-line, the only place I could find them.
They arrived today, and look great! Nice heavy soles, heavy neoprene uppers. Now I just need to change out the black laces for white, for that true retro look.
I'll get to try them out next week.

dive-coral%20boot%202.jpg
dive-coral_boot_1_small.jpg
when I was in the service we had what were called coral booties you can still get them if you know where to look they wore like iron 1 pair lasted me years I still have 2 new pairs .....

they are light weight but thick molded sole ( remember they are military ) I wore them training and in operational situations still use that pair down south , they have no thermal protection , they have some on e bay right now just put in seal coral booties (army used them too ) they worked great I would not sell any of mine ......steve

Interesting. Thanks.

Probably best suited for girls. And guys who like dressing in drag. Not all guys are into that, though.
Yeah I think you are right on this!:yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom