Anyone with experience with: DGX HD Mask @ only $ 16.95 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received this mask (not dove it yet) but it seems to fit fine, and looks fine, it's pretty amazing one can buy such a mask so affordably! So many masks seem to average $ 100 US these days, which seems a bit steep for something so simple. My original plan is to try one out and have it in the dive bag as a spare' or 'loaner' or maybe in cases where I don't want to risk losing a spendy ($) mask.

Does anyone have any dive experience with this mask ?

www.divegearexpress.com/single-lens-rigid-frame-dive-masks

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
No experience, but posting a link after I checked them out. DGX is a great company with excellent service. I have ordered several things from them recently, saved some money, and fast shipping.

Masks | Dive Gear Express®

Good luck,
Jay

If it fits it dives. Enjoy the cheap mask and count yourself lucky that you can spend the other $80 on a two tanker somewhere.

I paid $20 for the mask in my profile pic to the left and put many dives on it without incident.

I did later buy a fancy mask, but ended up losing it.. so I'm back to the cheapie. The other one had a fancy coating, and "special" glass and a black skirt that made it worth the $130 I guess? Those things were all very minor in my opinion. I wish I hadn't lost something I paid a bunch of money for, but the difference between them is almost imperceptible when I'm diving.

In short, you're not missing anything vs an expensive mask.. unless you get into the special ones that require contacts or the prescription masks.

No experience, but posting a link after I checked them out. DGX is a great company with excellent service. I have ordered several things from them recently, saved some money, and fast shipping.

Masks | Dive Gear Express®

Good luck,
Jay

Oh yes, I've spent a pretty penny with them over the years...have yet another order from them arriving tomorrow! :)

If it fits it dives. Enjoy the cheap mask and count yourself lucky that you can spend the other $80 on a two tanker somewhere.

I paid $20 for the mask in my profile pic to the left and put many dives on it without incident.

I did later buy a fancy mask, but ended up losing it.. so I'm back to the cheapie. The other one had a fancy coating, and "special" glass and a black skirt that made it worth the $130 I guess? Those things were all very minor in my opinion. I wish I hadn't lost something I paid a bunch of money for, but the difference between them is almost imperceptible when I'm diving.

In short, you're not missing anything vs an expensive mask.. unless you get into the special ones that require contacts or the prescription masks.

I've enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) my 'spendy' masks (Apollo Bio mask, Aquatic Atomics frameless and frameless II and Seadive Eyemask) but was looking for something that, if lost/damaged, or loaned out and suffered a mishap, wouldn't be a big deal, more 'expendable' if needed. I've decided to dive with a spare mask in a pocket/pouch, and DGX claims it fits pretty much everyone (which is why it's widely used as a rental mask, they say) so it sounds like a good candidate in case me or a dive buddy suddenly needs one while diving.

Last edited:
I just received this mask (not dove it yet) but it seems to fit fine, and looks fine, it's pretty amazing one can buy such a mask so affordably! So many masks seem to average $ 100 US these days, which seems a bit steep for something so simple. My original plan is to try one out and have it in the dive bag as a spare' or 'loaner' or maybe in cases where I don't want to risk losing a spendy ($) mask.

Does anyone have any dive experience with this mask ?

www.divegearexpress.com/single-lens-rigid-frame-dive-masks

Thanks in advance!

It is a nice mask (not low volume) and fits most faces.

This is the one I now use as my primary and backup masks it is low volume and compares to an Atomic.

DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask | Dive Gear Express®

@Doby45 I would like to see that review. These masks seem to fit me better than my Atomic Frameless 2.
Nose pocket is not as soft as the Atomic, but everything else seems better for me.

I'm sure most of you know that the bulk of masks are made by one or two OEM's. The consumer price is based on what brand is put on it.
https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Max-Panoramic-Legacy-Window/dp/B005JEG7MC -45.00
http://www.leisurepro.com/p-xssmf/xs-scuba-fusion-mask - 51.95
The difference is only 6.00 here. I know of local shops that sell it for 39.95 to 59.95
Oceanic used to sell this mask with a MSRP of 69 or 79 dollars.
The dealer cost is about 18 bucks. DEMA special can get it for 12-13.

YM368 single lens diving mask for adult, China YM368 single lens diving mask for adult Manufacturer actual mfg.

You can order as little as 5 of these for 1.30 each Diving Goggles - Goggles, 503068 | HKTDC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom