Thinking about getting a tank backpack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - another question. Diving no BC or wing - If I'm weighted perfectly at 500 psi I will be somewhat negative with a full tank. Beside a horse collar or snorkeling vest (don't want the front of the rig covered) is there any trick to make up for the buoyancy difference that can be bled off as the tank empties?
Lungs.
Or weight yourself for the full tank and find a rock for later in the dive.

Got thinking. Have you checked craigslist. A lot of the stuff people seem to find laying around are old 1980's BC's that used the plastic plates. Just buy one of them and strip it out. I've even seen them up here in Michigan in pawn shops. My plastic plate which I use without a wing came off my old Seaquest Seavest from 1983. (look at my pics)

Oh, you're talking about the version with the Fastec (sp) buckles?

Not sure. People have different names for them. Slide release buckles? Sometimes I release my left shoulder buckle so I don't have to bend my arm back to take my bc off.

Not sure. People have different names for them. Slide release buckles? Sometimes I release my left shoulder buckle so I don't have to bend my arm back to take my bc off.
You don't have to bend your arm back to get out of a one piece harness. All you have to do is stuff your hand underneath the shoulder strap and push forward. The strap will slide down the outside of your arm and off your elbow and you're out.

You don't have to bend your arm back to get out of a one piece harness. All you have to do is stuff your hand underneath the shoulder strap and push forward. The strap will slide down the outside of your arm and off your elbow and you're out.

Or you can just use the quick release buckle so your shoulder strap doesn't get hung up on your drysuit shoulder dump. Whatever. Do what you want - I didn't really want to get into a stupid debate with you over deluxe harnesses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom