Is Your Home Bulletproof?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Lore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well this is something often discussed in firearms groups, survivalist and police circles. Now a few divers I know will have owned and shot guns. How safe are they if those guns are turned and fired at their homes?

Let's find out!

Board houses will need some protection internally to stop bullets.
Yet log homes are the way forward for this, but will logs actually stop bullets?

Here are the results using logs of varying thicknesses!

The results are interesting to say the least. If you are using most types of softwood, there is a good chance of anything above .22LR blowing through single log thicknesses up to 10 inches. However, with hardwoods and larchwood the difference was astounding...

For those old-schoolers rocking a .38 Special. There's one for you too. :)

We don't have many stray bullets to watch out, anyway my house is built using concrete and bricks, with burglary door ...
:)

Yes I know, depleted uranium ammos are not so easy to stop :)

You are living in Italy, they are living in US. There is more than one gun per every person in US. If we think a family as 4 person, there are 4,5 guns in every house. For Italy it is 0,5 gun per every house. So yes, they need to think about firearm safety :)

You are living in Italy, they are living in US. ... omissis ...
Aaaaah thats the reason there a few stray bullets here: its a range problem !
BTW I'm searching the half gun in my house ... should be somewhere in a cabinet
:)

Stray bullets? Hmmm... hometown of Yonkers, NY or present one in rural Nova Scotia? As it would say in "The far Side", whiiiiiich to chose?

Back
Top Bottom