Buddy's vs Don's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are interested in shore diving out front, the Cliff dive site to the north off Captain Don's dock; aka "Baby Dock", is superior to all other dives at a resort on Bonaire IMHO, and my reason for choosing the place. Cliff is also accessible from the Dive Friends store at Hamlet and from Coral Paradise and other rental villas in the immediate area. The easiest access though is off the dock at Don's and go north along the drop off.

Can you elaborate on tank access?
Drive Thru - Buddy Dive Resort

One other thing to check, we stay at Belmar condos south of the airport - the other Buddy Dive location. From there we get access to the Buddy's drive-thru so if the opposite is true, it's a very convenient place to change tanks for diving south - their tank "gate" is 20' from the main road that leads down to all the south sites - at most 1/4? mile to the Hooker etc from there.

Last edited:
Cap't Don's seems to be full of older and grumpier customers and staff.

Pretty grumpy customers at Buddy Dive as well. I think the dive travel demographic must be aging.

Thanks all. I have decided to go with Don's as the room has a guaranteed ocean view. Cost comes about the same for the same things (truck, nitrox for me, etc). Thanks for all the input.

Thanks all. I have decided to go with Don's as the room has a guaranteed ocean view. Cost comes about the same for the same things (truck, nitrox for me, etc). Thanks for all the input.

I take it that you are in the hotel rooms over by the pool. The steps to the 2nd floor can be slick as snot when wet, so try to get ground floor. And ground floor is the term to use on Bonaire... The gear storage, air tanks (nitrox is upstairs) and dive dock for shore dives out front is all at water level and couldn't be easier. Not as easy for truck diving as Buddy's though!

Tried the restaurant at Buddy when we stayed and Don's. The food at Don's is MUCH better IMO.

House reef at Don's is really nice. Especially for morning and night dives.

Have fun!

--Thumbsplitter

Actually, the last few times I've been down, I found the pool bar "Blennies" at BD to be pretty good for an easy meal after night diving. The rotisserie chicken and the fresh fish were quite enjoyable and inexpensive. Also nice to sit right at the water's edge in the evening having a beverage or a meal.

I would pass on the Friday evening BBQ, however, unless you prefer quantity over quality.

raftingtigger, please add a trip report to this thread when you get back.
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom