Dealing with long hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I need to get a bang wrangler. I have short hair but my bangs always get in the way of my mask skirt. Instructor said I need a do rag, but the bang wrangler will be nicer!

Last edited:
Just ordered the Bang Wrangler. The code for free shipping still works! :wink:

That's awesome! I have a few and I love them. Since this thread came alive again thought I'd mention that bang wrangler changed their name, you can still find them from a simple google search. Here's a direct link for convenience.

The Bangin' Collection

Looks like they also made the logo on the headband smaller which is good because it was pretty huge before.

Yes, that's how I found them, as the website had changed.

Tahitian Monoi Oil/Coconut oil and pippy longstocking plaits either side of my head now......and continually telling hairdressers, yes, I know my hair is split, Id rather have great dives than great hair :wink:

LOL! I've just been letting my hair grow for the past couple of years (with a little trim here and there). it's currently below the middle of my back, nearing my waist. It's in better shape now than it was at that length in my teens. However, it's heavy as heck and having just had a shower that left me exhausted just from trying to wash and rinse my hair . . .sigh, I'm going to get a cut. After the cut and style, it's still going to need to fit into a pony tail though. Definitely time for me to order the bangwrangler. :)

Hi all,

I have long hair and I have been searching for different ways other women have found solutions to dealing with it. I've done the ponytail/braid with deep conditioner which did work but hair still got tangled under my hood. I've seen the hair glove and the hair wrapter which both look promising. Has anyone tried these? If so, what were your results?

I really like to do 3 braids into a bun. You french braid and then braid the braids together- and then roll it into a bun! You can do a messy one too with three regular braids and it still works great. I also spray "its-a-10" leave in conditioner and before I braid it, I use bumble and bumble invisible oil primer to protect in from UV rays...even though I have a hood on.

I put coconut oil on after the dives! I am not yet ready to work the "diver haircut"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom