Day trips vs. liveaboard from Cairns and Port Douglas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback Kevin, while I understand the need to meet a schedule if there is one thing that I am never happy about is the 50 bar/50 min limit, I usually raise my hand and say "I'll take the 50 bar limit" :D

Reactions: MA
This is a good info. I'll be going with SpoilSport in a bit over a month from now. I have not heard about the 50 minute dive limit.

Spoilsport operates very differently to those shorter itineraries. They pretty much never enforce time limits (weather notwithstanding of course). They simply move when everyone is up. Different clientele in general.

Hi!

Can any one recommend any GOOD dive operators that go to the outer reef besides Mike Ball and Spirit of Freedom? both are fully booked for my dates. we are interested in doing around 2-3 nights on a liveaboard, if possible a bit more affordable than the ones mentioned above. We are two people and our dates would be around november 20 to 26... flexible around those dates.

Only Mike Ball and Spirit go to the Ribbon Reefs. That leave the Outer Reef areas closer to Cairns and there are a lot of Operators. The diving is still good.

Top 2 are Scubapro or Ocean Quest. OQ probably a nicer boat and stays out on the Reef moving from site to site (has a daily transfer vessel go out and back) and Scubapro goes out and returns 3 days later. Both very professional and have a good range of sites.

I enjoyed Taka II all those yrs ago unfortunately it had since stopped doing the trip to Ribbons Reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom