Videos from May ... finally ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I FINALLY got around to editing the GoPro footage from May.

First year to use the little video camera. 6 YouTube vids in all ... all attached to ye ol' blog ...
The Shark Tank radio show ... enjoy!

going to try and write up a TR been very busy since being home, plus the detached retina thing ... round two retina surgery coming this next Monday ...

Thanks Sharky. I always love revisiting those dives, especially from another's perspective. Great shots of the drumfish!

What filter and camera settings were you using? Protune?

Thanks Sharky. I always love revisiting those dives, especially from another's perspective. Great shots of the drumfish!

What filter and camera settings were you using? Protune?

not Protune, I had just got the GP a few days before leaving and had no idea what setting to use, a couple days I shot 4K just to see the difference, most days , i think, superwide 1080.

I have a 4 interchangeable filter set,(0-20'; 20'-50'; 50' plus & "green water"), I'll have to check the manufacturer & post it later. I think they do a pretty good job.

you just slip the filter you want to use into the housing and snap it onto the camera. comes with a little lanyard for a little bit of security.

I used the 50'+ filter for almost every dive from what I remember, even the shallow dives (2nd boat dives). I used the 20-50 on a shore dive at Blue Angel, but somehow got the camera in "burst" mode and have a bunch of crazy snapshots from the dive. although the color came out pretty good. ... (learning curve :D )

I'm investigating getting a video light and going to rig the GoPro on the hot shoe top of my still camera case & buy another arm, so I can have my strobe on one side and the video light on the other.

I saw a strobe with a 2000 lumen video light attached to it advertised on Facebook. I need to check to see if the strobe will work with a fiber optic cable, if so, I might go that direction so I will have a double strobe set-up for the first time ... still investigating all of that.

Thanks for the info. I flooded my hero3+ in May and just bought a Hero5. I'm hoping the stabilization will help my diving videos. I'm rigging one of my old polarpro red filters to fit the new case and will probably pick up a switch filter at some point. I'm thinking of getting one with a macro lens. The focal length of the GoPro doesn't allow to get very good close ups, but then again things sure pass by quickly with those drift dives, so I might not ever be able to use it.

I've thought of getting a tray and lights but this trip I'm going to strap my camera to my pistol grip dive light for my night dives and see what happens. I will however try my best to make sure that I don't lose the camera.

How did your 4k footage compare with the 1080?

Thanks for the info. I flooded my hero3+ in May and just bought a Hero5. I'm hoping the stabilization will help my diving videos. I'm rigging one of my old polarpro red filters to fit the new case and will probably pick up a switch filter at some point. I'm thinking of getting one with a macro lens. The focal length of the GoPro doesn't allow to get very good close ups, but then again things sure pass by quickly with those drift dives, so I might not ever be able to use it.

I've thought of getting a tray and lights but this trip I'm going to strap my camera to my pistol grip dive light for my night dives and see what happens. I will however try my best to make sure that I don't lose the camera.

How did your 4k footage compare with the 1080?

I had to buy a new "gaming" laptop to even run the 4K video. It's obviously better, but for most purposes the 1080 is just fine.

I'm thinking about getting the macro lens also ... it never ends. :D

I had to buy a new "gaming" laptop to even run the 4K video...

I'm thinking about getting the macro lens also ... it never ends. :D
Musicians call it GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome - and you are correct; it never ends.

imoto ... the filter set I have is made by Sandmarc ... looking on their website, I don't see the set, not sure what hat is about.

I checking into several "flip" filters and none of them go more than a mediocre reviews. This set got pretty high reviews. I think it was about $70 for the set; housing, 4 filters, microfiber bag, foam insert to keep it all in & a "lanyard" string.

Gordon, I'm not sure if photographers have an acronym for it, but it's definitely a syndrome!! :D

Back
Top Bottom