Dui cf 200x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for some info on this suit. I am wondering the warmth of the suit how does it compare to other bro suits? My main goal is I dive a tls350 in local caves I wear merino wool and a thermal fusion undergarment 56* in Florida caves I use merino wool and a 200gm eBay undergarment 72*. I'm looking to get away from the bulk of the undergarments. Any help is appreciated.

Reduced bulk in garments, maybe. I moved from the cf200x to the fusion. I don't recall a significant difference in thermal protection.

The cf is bulky, so you're trading one bulk for another. Otherwise, it could be described as bulletproof.

CF200 is a relatively heavier suit and it doesn't give you any advantage in reducing the amount of thermal underwear you need. You use the CF200 for its durability and "bulletproofness" where probably nothing compares to it in durability.

all comments made above complete the discussion.... basically, its just one tough bag. Insulation properties will not really improve moving to this suit.

Thanks for the replies I guess this suit won't help for what I'm wanting. What is a good neoprene suit that will last, and give insulated properties.

I have a Bare XCS2 Tech dry suit and a Waterproof D9X, which is a breathable quad-lam.

The Bare is crushed neoprene with a diagonal front zip. I can easily don/doff it with no assistance.

The crushed neoprene is definitely warmer than a tri- or quad-lam and offers the possibility of using slightly less bulky undergarments.

And the crushed neoprene is VERY durable.

But, unless I actually think I will need that durability, I would wear the quad-lam suit any time, for any dive. The reduction in undergarments that are needed for the crushed neoprene is offset by the increased bulk of the suit itself. On dives where surface air temperature is anything over about 70F, if the dive plan is for water that is below 50, then I am miserable gearing up and wearing the neoprene suit on the surface. It is heavy and hot. I find the quad-lam to be much more comfortable to wear on the surface and actually more comfortable and easier to manage buoyancy and trim as well. And the telescoping torso and much more flexible material of the quad-lam definitely makes it easier for things like reaching back to my tank valves.

The neoprene suit doesn't squeeze down and shrinkwrap itself around me like the quad-lam suit does in the water. I think this results in the neoprene suit having a little bit more air inside during the dive, which makes it slightly more difficult to manage. But, with the right undergarments on, I am equally comfortable even in the 37F water of my local quarry.

Back
Top Bottom