Aqualung Core Supreme v Aqualung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvincayman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am upgrading from a Titan to a new Aqualung (b-day present from wife, she just does not know yet) I have been researching the Aqualung Core Supreme & the Aqualung Legend Supreme. Trying to get a good simple view of the differences, is the $200 difference really worth the money? Does the Legend really breath better than the Core Supreme and any other thoughts - appreciate the feedback

The Core is similar to the Titan. People around here prefer the Legend because of the cold water. After servicing both regs I prefer the Legend simply because it feels like a more solid regulator.

The only real difference between the regulators is the adjustment knob. The Core is the Titan LX reborn with a new name and not much else. The Titan/Core breath every bit as well as the Legend. I have both, prefer the Titan LX. N

The Legend is in a different, higher, category than the Core. It isn't an apple to apple comparison. I'd go with the Legend most definitely over the Core if the money isn't an issue.

I have both, just not the supreme models. I've got the standard Core, and the Legend LX. I don't dive cold water so the supreme doesn't buy me anything. That being said, they both breath about the same. As Nemrod said the only real difference is the adjustment knob. The Legend LX knob adjusts the venturi as well as the cracking effort. The Core just adjusts the venturi.

If I had to buy again I would actually just get another Core. Yes the LX looks more substantial, but they both breath the same. The Legend first stage is comically huge compared to the Core and the 2nd stage is pretty much just bigger to look bigger.

That's just my opinion. Either regulator works fine, and you won't notice a difference in how they breath. Obviously looks do count (lets be honest here), so that's a matter of personal preference.

Make sure you thank your wife, maybe you can get a new BC next year!

Thanks all - really appreciate hearing from people who have them - was not sure if I was just being talked up on price or if there really was a difference.

I have the Legend LX, haven't tried the others. Purrs like a kitten and easy to breathe from. The one adjustment knob could take some getting used to if you're used to the two knob setup. First stage is heavy.

Last edited:
The big disadvantage to the Legend is the overly heavy first stage. The internals are essentially the same parts between the old Titan LX and the new Core and now the Legend. The Core has a more travel friendly first and as I said, the innards are the same tried and true diaphragm first stage AL/USD has used since the 60s. The second stage is the same housing. You can swap parts back and forth. The Legend gets the metal trim ring and the adjustment knob which can as I said be swapped back and forth with the Core. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom